Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very seriously considering the DEFI-Link BF boost gauge with imperial units, I saw them once in an STi and I loved them...I know they're wicked expensive since you have to get the control unit also but I think they're worth it.

Has anyone ordered one or installed one of the defi links yet? I'm not familiar with installing a boost gauge and I've only seen writeups on here for "manual" gauges not digital.

http://shop.edoperformance.com/product_inf...oducts_id=13519

oh and I'll most likely be making a custom mount in the map compartment something like the Hide-A-Pod but able to fit the 60mm gauges

·
Registered
275 Posts
I purchased the Defi BF Amber boost gauge (imperial) and controller from EDO a couple weeks ago. I went into the shop and chit chatted for a bit. Seem like some nice people.

I got the floating mount and am planning on installing it on the base of the A-pillar.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the Defi BF Amber boost gauge and controller from EDO a couple weeks ago. I went into the shop and chit chatted for a bit. Seem like some nice people.

I got the floating mount and am planning on installing it on the base of the A-pillar.
[/b]
is there enough room below the airbag to still be clearly visable?

I kind of gave up the A-pillar mounting option a while back because of the air bags

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I purchased the Defi BF Amber boost gauge (imperial) and controller from EDO a couple weeks ago. I went into the shop and chit chatted for a bit. Seem like some nice people.

[/b]

That brings the price of that thing to over $300. That sucks for a boost gauge, although I like it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That brings the price of that thing to over $300. That sucks for a boost gauge, although I like it.
[/b]
I'll have to look at it for the life of my car on a regular basis. That in itself makes it worth while for me. But yeah, it is pricey.

I do plan on getting Defi's EGT gauge at some point down the road as well. So at least you can spread the controller cost over a few gauges... lol... i hope i'm not trying to rationalise this, that would be difficult.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at it more along the lines that I can use the gauge on this car and any other turbo/supercharged car (or if it's NA all the other gauges will work as well) I will get in the future

·
Registered
856 Posts
The Defi rocks!
As posted in another thread...

I keep saying I will post a night shot...just too lazy...I'll try when I get home.

Edit:

It is dim because the headlights are on. You can adjust the brightness many different levels.
I love the Peak button. Mine is sitting right at 20psi.

·
Registered
721 Posts
my friend has an RX-8 with something like 7 Defi BF gauges if i'm not mistaken. the RX-8 has the same red illumination as the MPS and the gauges look sick! The Defi's are definately the ones i will go with once i put together some more cash. for now i'm using a Blitz boost gauge i bought off a friend from his GT-R but it's only temp. You can't get a closer font match for the numbers than the Defi's. The Defi's look like they came with the car. Go for it if you got the cash.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The Defi rocks!
As posted in another thread...

I keep saying I will post a night shot...just too lazy...I'll try when I get home.

Edit:

It is dim because the headlights are on. You can adjust the brightness many different levels.
I love the Peak button. Mine is sitting right at 20psi.
[/b]
Best looking gauge yet... AMAZING....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope these will convince you, here are mine, except the tiller is on the correct side :)

[/b]
tiller on the correct side? what's a tiller?

something is seriously wrong with your MS6 though...the steeringwheel is on the wrong side, your speedometer goes up to 280 and apearently its 20 deg in your car!!! :p

those gauges look like they match perfect...I'm ordering!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
tiller on the correct side? what's a tiller?

something is seriously wrong with your MS6 though...the steeringwheel is on the wrong side, your speedometer goes up to 280 and apearently its 20 deg in your car!!! :p

those gauges look like they match perfect...I'm ordering!
[/b]
LOL....the tiller is here under Wikipedia :
http://www.answers.com/topic/tiller-1

Only old bloke like us uses it :D

Glad it persuades you in getting the gauges though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here is the Defi D-Gauge Series which is just mechanical versions that read in psi. Even though they don't produce these anymore you can still find some distributers that sell them.
The boost one is around $150
Defi just released the Blue Racer series which is the D-Gauge in a blue backlighting
They will be re-releasing the D-gauge sometime in the future.

Day

Night

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Here is the Defi D-Gauge Series which is just mechanical versions that read in psi. Even though they don't produce these anymore you can still find some distributers that sell them.
The boost one is around $150
Defi just released the Blue Racer series which is the D-Gauge in a blue backlighting
They will be re-releasing the D-gauge sometime in the future.

Day

Night

[/b]

This is the one/type I want. Do you have any idea of any distributers that cary them, or have a few left over?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered the DEFI Imperial BF Amber boost gauge and control unit...thats funny I just got a sharp pain right in my wallet...ouch

·
Registered
856 Posts
I searched and searched for distributers that might still have some in stock. Placed countless phone calls only to hear "We dont have anymore! They have been discontinued."
So I gave in and dropped $335 on the BF series.

Just ordered the DEFI Imperial BF Amber boost gauge and control unit...thats funny I just got a sharp pain right in my wallet...ouch
[/b]
I know the feeling! The pain will ease once you get it installed, I guarantee. :)
Although, I do still feel the pain about once a month since I brought the Speed6 home.

·
Registered
851 Posts
when i called last week egauges.com still had some instock

1 - 20 of 34 Posts