Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
um...depends...
if you are looking for a optionless i4, then MAYBE. But why torture yourself with such a boring vehicle when you can take advantage of rebates rebates and lower pricing of an '06?

Give us more info about what you are looking for: i4/v6? Moonroof? Bose stero, etc.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
You can almost get a MazdaSpeed6 for $22k now.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
go for a speed 6 my friend. Insurance may be high, but you wont be disappointed.

To answer your question though, at christmas all dealerships have crazy ass clearance sales. Try to wait till then and save yer self some money. Good luck! (if your dealership has any 2006's left [which i highly doubt] check those out if they are brand new, you can basically steal one of those off the lot. I got 6 thousand bucks off mine.
Sticker 24,500 and some change
Buying price: 18,300 and some change.

speed 6's own though, you should check those out too.

good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhh... thanks guys.. hmm I would look more into speed6.
Hopefully they will do some good rebates :hoho:

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
Check out edmunds.com and cars.com, and option out the car you want. They'll give you the invoice pricing for the model you want, as well as the price that people in your area are paying. My suggestion for bargaining is to start slightly below invoice, then work your way up. DO NOT count any rebates into your price until AFTER you made the sale. Same goes for your trade-in (if you have one).

You can get a well-optioned V6 for $22K OTD. Even an '06 MS6 can be had for that, if you try hard enough...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
go for a speed 6 my friend. Insurance may be high, but you wont be disappointed.

To answer your question though, at christmas all dealerships have crazy ass clearance sales. Try to wait till then and save yer self some money. Good luck! (if your dealership has any 2006's left [which i highly doubt] check those out if they are brand new, you can basically steal one of those off the lot. I got 6 thousand bucks off mine.
Sticker 24,500 and some change
Buying price: 18,300 and some change.

speed 6's own though, you should check those out too.

good luck!
[/b]
WHat he said, if I still had a steady job I would have an 06 MS6 right now because of rebates going crazy, but instead I got a 05 6s which is still good but not a SPeed6.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
is there a big difference between speed6 and regular6?
[/b]
LOL Is there a Difference???WTF Ohhhh only 160 more HP, AWD, Nicer Interior, Made in Japan, better suspension...Need I go on?

I want this damn car >_<

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL Is there a Difference???WTF Ohhhh only 160 more HP, AWD, Nicer Interior, Made in Japan, better suspension...Need I go on?

I want this damn car >_<
[/b]
160 more hp eh? hmmm that would be impressive....

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
160 more hp eh? hmmm that would be impressive....
[/b]
He said a regular 6 but didn't specify which model.....i4 or V6 if that's the case a Speed6 has about 30 more Hp

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
He said a regular 6 but didn't specify which model.....i4 or V6 if that's the case a Speed6 has about 30 more Hp [/b]
more like, 62 horsepower and 83 ft-lbs of torque

3.0L DOHC 24-valve 6-cylinder with VVT
212 @ 6000 rpm
197 @ 5000 rpm

mazdaspeed6 has 274 horsepower and 280 ft-lbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm now looking for 06 Mazda6s sport with automatic..
Dealers in my town offered me 21,000 with ttl. How much is a good deal?

·
Registered
56 Posts
[/b]
Depends on what options it has. Luxury package, sunroof, etc... I got $6,500 off mine ($5,500 rebate + $1,000 from Mazda Credit). Just for grins, I found an 06 Sport Wagon loaded up and the internet sales mgr. knocked $6,500 off after my first inquiry. Could prob. get $7K with a little more effort. Find out exactly what options the car has you're looking at. $21K would be good for a 6S with every single option.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
tell us everything included from leather and moonroof to floor mats and cargo net.

i bet you can walk out with at least 1K off of it. AT LEAST

·
Registered
48 Posts
$21k would be good if the sticker is $27k. That would be good info for us to know.

Look in the Houston Chronicle (or any of the dealerships websites too) just about any day and you will see at least one of the Houston area dealerships advertising any Mazda6 for around $5k off MSRP for an '06. BTW - if you end up going the Speed6 route, they are offering similar deals.

We bought our '04 in February of '05 for $7k off. Gillman Mazda was advertising that offer, Joe Myers had one equiped how we wanted it and they matched Gillman (plus they matched Carmax's offer for our trade).

If you plan on keeping the car for at least 3 or 4 years, I'd go with an '06. They were no significant changes for '07 and you'll easily make up the extra initial hit in value by keeping it for a little while.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
[/b]
21k out the door is a damn good deal for a new 06 6s. I paid 21k OTD out the door for mine. The price for my car before TTL was $7000 off MSRP. You can maybe try to squeeze a few extra hundred out of it, but 21k is fair. I say take it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts