Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could or would recommend a dealer and/or sales person here in Vancouver. Went for a test drive @ the Richmond Mazda yesterday and the sales dude was not very helpfull.

I drove the GS-I4 and loved it. Don't want to drive the V6 cause I know I am going to want that instead....but a little too expensive for me.

A have a dilema:

1) the blue one or the dark grey :p

Also, I like how the GFX pakage looks but not sure if I would want to spend another 2K on it. Is there a place that sells the front lip and sides skirts (not really interested in the spoiler) and how much?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Thinking about getting the 6 this or next weekend

Dark grey is the way to go. I did not like the blue that much in person. I did not feel it when I was standing beside it. Anyway, my car is silver but dark grey was my other choice.

You can get the front and rear lip and side skirts from the dealer. However the lips are add on like the skirts. So you can see the discontinuity between the lip and bumper. If you did get the GFX package, the bumper is molded with the lower protruding lip so it is continuous. It looks much cleaner but then you know it cost a bit more to get the GFX since you have to go the GT level to option the GFX. :p

I think the dealer can give you a good deal on the skirts and lips excluding the spoiler.

·
Registered
93 Posts

As far as I know you can't get the GFX package with the GS-I4....only with the GT-I4 and the V6 models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Stickman:

I know. I was just thinking about getting the base model and then buying a aftermarket kit (only the lip and side skirts) that way I have a GFX looking I4 without spending all that cash.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Thinking about getting the 6 this or next weekend'

are you in BC? ask for mike if u going back to richmond..i was pretty satisfied with him
or u can go to metrotown mazda

i don't think wolfe mazda is good

u can actually buy the skirts, etc. seperately from a website down in teh states...i think whoami did that
sorry i don't know the site...but it's somewhere in the board

·
Registered
721 Posts

I got mine at Wolfe, (tho, i bought the car thru broker)... so I'm not so sure about their salesman... I liked the service at Signature.. I test drove the car there.. i4 auto and manual... salesman was nice and informative. Metrotown one.. sucked! i asked to get a key to take a look at the interior.. guy refused! !?!?! asking "Are you going to buy a car!??" what?!?! I stepped out and never went back. Maybe it was bad time (about closing time) still that's not a way to do business.. (I was with my g/f and she was pissed off ALOT!. I just bad thing with metrotown mazda.. My dad's '92 MPV was purchased there but their serivce sucked... (re-built the transmission within 2 years it broke again and service didn't want to cover the cost..)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

I went to 4 Mazda and 1 broker in BC tried to cut the price down. :p

Ask Steven in Metrotown Mazda and go with blue. :D
The financial manager was not very friendly the day I was finish up my paperwork, but Steven is. He is the only sales who told me the difference between Accord/Camry/M6 and all that. Test drive 2 cars, no pressure from him whatsoever.

Silver is the most popular good choice, but all the cars on the road are silver.
Gray is nice too and looks like black at night, but just not stand out enough.

Yellow or white are both hard to get.

Blue, hehehe.... stand out just fine for me yet not too many people driving it . :D

Metrotown Mazda has a lot of new stock, you shall be able to drive one home this weekend. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Being that its my first time posting on this site, I would like to thank everyone for their collective input. It sure beats going into a dealership not knowing how they treat their customers.

PS From reading the various topics on this website (which is extremely helpfull) I found that the mark-up is about 6% on the dealer invoice. Is this true? If a GT-I4 w/ GFX comes to $32,000+ (before taxes) can you hipothetically bring the price down to $30,000+? (or is that wishfull thinking on my part) The sales man said that he could do something for me but not much since the car is still pretty new...is he correct?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Correct. That's why I went to 4 different dealers. I could have got $1100 off from an Accord LX, but later decide to go for a mere $500 off M6 GT-I4. However, try to aim high is never wrong since the inventory of M6 is up by a lot. (when I was getting it, there were only 3 M6 the the parking lot) some of the dealer only have 1 or 2.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

If you are fast enough, you might be able to come to our undergoing group M6 tint meeting. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wow that's awsome ecsw! Thanks for the invite. I might have to take a rain cheque on this one...have to go to a B-Day dinner (fam.) But I would defenitely go to the next one. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worst car shopping experience. Price is more than the other location, manager was super rude, he needs to learn how to respect customers. never ever go back to that place.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Holy crap! 8 yr revival!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts