Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting some 18x8 Enkei RPM2 wheels in a +45mm offset. Now I've searched the member's wheels sticked thread and saw that Hosteen has them with a roll and a drop. I dont have a drop so I was wondering if I would need a roll. If anyone with these wheels could chime in thatd be great.

I'm also looking for tires since the wheels wont be coming with any. I'm looking for something thats relatively inexpensive and with good treadwear but something that still sticks better than the stock Michelins. Any suggestions?

Here's a omgs thats sexy pic

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do not bother putting aftermarket wheels on if you are not going with a drop
Best way to ruin your car. To the average joe they say ohh pretty wheels big pimpin, but to any car enthusiast with half a brain they say nice 4x4

Drop first
wheels second

just some friendly opinionated advice

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont think I wanna drop my stock 16s first cause I think that'll look weirder. I will be getting a drop eventually but I found a good deal on these and dont want to pass up on them.

Still better looking than my 16" steelies.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Best way to ruin your car. To the average joe they say ohh pretty wheels big pimpin, but to any car enthusiast with half a brain they say nice 4x4

Drop first
wheels second

just some friendly opinionated advice
[/b]

it seems to me that the majority of people do wheels first and then a drop... how exactly do aftermarket wheels ruin your car? you can maintain the exact same diameter so your speedo and geometry isn't messed up, get a wider tire section for improved grip, get a lighter wheel/tire combo to improve performance, get a rim that looks better than stock, and get a tire that last substantially longer than the stock crappy rubber.

no offense, but I think your statement was a little off the mark, I agree that the car looks like it's a 4x4 without a drop, but it looks that way with the stock rims also, so your definitely not any worse off then before. A lot of people can't either afford a proper drop and a lot of people drive in cities and areas where a drop would limit their driving capabilities (speed bumps, driveways, crappy roads with heaves due to freezes and thaws).

just my .02, I have a set of rims and tires on the way to replace the stockers and am not planning on dropping yet, but might in the future.

·
Registered
142 Posts
[/b]
:headscrat:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
dont worry about a drop yet, although it will look alot nicer it is not necessary. as for rubber goes i reccomend toyo proxies 4, many members have them on this thread and all the people give them great reviews.

·
Registered
261 Posts
dont worry about a drop yet, although it will look alot nicer it is not necessary. as for rubber goes i reccomend toyo proxies 4, many members have them on this thread and all the people give them great reviews.
[/b]

also look into the pirelli pzero nero's. they got awesome reviews and I picked up a set of 4 shipped for under $400 from tires-easy.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts