Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things in forums that aggravate me.

1) People who don't search before asking questions.

2) People who don't realize that certain people aren't as computer savvy as they are and may not be the most adept at searching, because some of us know there is a correct and proper way to do it, and love to hound and criticize these people because of reasons unknown.

3) Pertaining to the above point, either just point them in the right direction, answer their question again, or just don't answer it all. There is no reason to flame anybody. For all the talk on forums for keeping it civilized and adult, there sure is a lot of childishness that goes on.

4) People that answer on another person's behalf. Stop this. It's awfully presumptuous to do that and I know that if someone did that to me, I'd be pretty pissed. I'm old enough to answer for myself, thank you.

5) This constant bashing of other people. How pathetic. In this digital medium, isn't it simpler just to delete them? Or their post, or whatever the offending topic might be?

6) People who insist on proving that they are right all the time. Tell someone the right way, if they don't believe you, then fine, it's on them and leave it at that. But all the time I see people trying to "outprove" each other. And though I admit that at times it is funny to read, most of the time it is not.

7) People who hijack threads. Start your own damn thread.

8) Pretty much anyone who posts that has nothing new to add to the thread or just falls outside the course of logical conversation.

9) My own "brainfarts" when it comes to posting.

Of all the internet forums I have been to only ONE has exceeded my expectations and has been one of the most fun places to hang out and learn.

Although, on the whole, this site is good about providing some very knowledgable people a place to help others learn.

And Falcontx is probably the best retailer I have ever met. (Not personally, just on here. I wish your business continued success! You have a devoted customer here.)

Well, that's pretty much it for me.

Anyone care to add anything that I might be missing?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Of all the internet forums I have been to only ONE has exceeded my expectations and has been one of the most fun places to hang out and learn.
[/b]
10. People who start threads on things that agrevate them. :) Just kidding

so which forum has exceeded your expectations?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
[/b]
judging from items 1-8, i take it the mazda6club forum ain't it. :)

no need to point out the obvious. internet forums attract a diverse group of people with their own opinions where they can anonymously post whatever they want with little or no repercussions.

that said, there was a post about this awhile back. SEARCH next time! j/k. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Things in forums that aggravate me.

1) People who don't search before asking questions.

2) People who don't realize that certain people aren't as computer savvy as they are and may not be the most adept at searching, because some of us know there is a correct and proper way to do it, and love to hound and criticize these people because of reasons unknown.

3) Pertaining to the above point, either just point them in the right direction, answer their question again, or just don't answer it all. There is no reason to flame anybody. For all the talk on forums for keeping it civilized and adult, there sure is a lot of childishness that goes on.

4) People that answer on another person's behalf. Stop this. It's awfully presumptuous to do that and I know that if someone did that to me, I'd be pretty pissed. I'm old enough to answer for myself, thank you.

5) This constant bashing of other people. How pathetic. In this digital medium, isn't it simpler just to delete them? Or their post, or whatever the offending topic might be?

6) People who insist on proving that they are right all the time. Tell someone the right way, if they don't believe you, then fine, it's on them and leave it at that. But all the time I see people trying to "outprove" each other. And though I admit that at times it is funny to read, most of the time it is not.

8) Pretty much anyone who posts that has nothing new to add to the thread or just falls outside the course of logical conversation.

9) My own "brainfarts" when it comes to posting.

Although, on the whole, this site is good about providing some very knowledgable people a place to help others learn.

And Falcontx is probably the best retailer I have ever met. (Not personally, just on here. I wish your business continued success! You have a devoted customer here.)

Well, that's pretty much it for me.

Anyone care to add anything that I might be missing?
[/b]

Well said.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i agree with jsherrill28, there's a very large group of members on this board. we all come from different walks of life, so things we say and do are different and can very easily be understood the wrong way. it's words on a screen, so it's hard to tell what people are really saying...even with the emoticons.

just remember, we're all here because the love for our car!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I hear the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance pulling around the corner.
:laugh:

Heres what aggravates me:

1) People who ask questions that are posted in a STICKY at the top of the forum.
Example 1 of CURRENT threads going on now: Who makes (the best) springs for the car?
---I dunno, click on the fucking sticky at the top of the page and find out.

Example 2 of CURRENT threads going on now: Can I run a 235 series tire on a 7 inch wide wheel?
--I dunno, click on the fucking sticky at the top of the page and read it. Toyoguy typed it for a reason.

2) People who ask other stupid questions.
Example: Guy makes a forsale ad that looks like this: Springs, 150 bucks shipped to the lower 48 states.
-- Then you have some idiot that asks if that price includes shipping.
-- I dunno, read the fucking post.

--Then you have another idiot who asks if that price is the same shipped to Zimbabwe.
-- Is Zimbabwe in the lower 48? Im sure shipping is more.

3) People who give BAD information. I dont mind people who insist that they are right and debate it. When it comes to certain technical stuff, that stuff is a good debate that I like reading. However when someone asks about a fitament or rubbing problem or compatability problem and someone just blurts out the answer thats completely wrong. If you dont know exactly what you are talking about, shut the fuck up. Its better to stay silent than to give someone incorrect information about something.

Example or CURRENT threads going on now:
Someone asked whats different about the 6s hp ratings from 2005/2006. They went from 220 to 215. Someone responded they believe its because they have different trannies which is not the reason at all. Why even post if you are wrong and giving someone the wrong answer? He wasnt asking for an OPINION, which anyone can jump in and give, he was asking a factual question. If you have no idea and someones asking a factual question, shut the fuck up. I wouldnt want to ask a factual question about something important and some dipshit told me the wrong thing then I head down to my car and screw it up because I listened to some idiot here.

I agree with some of the ones you posted:

--As long as the hijack or other post have NOTHING to do with the subject at hand.

-- Agree with Falcon.

i agree with jsherrill28, there's a very large group of members on this board. we all come from different walks of life, so things we say and do are different and can very easily be understood the wrong way. it's words on a screen, so it's hard to tell what people are really saying...even with the emoticons[/b]
Well said. Some people are sarcastic and jovial in nature and beause they are words on a screen, some people might take their tone the wrong way.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Philter = Dry humor god! :laugh:

Yeah we've all got points we hate about the forums. I took a nice little 4-5 month leave b/c I got tired of seeing the redundant questions from the new people all the time. I mean, you can only read "What's a 'CEL' " so many times, ya know? The "will these wheels fit" ones are the best though, I don't think they'll ever die.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I would be curious as to this "ideal" forum as well.

Overall, though, I think you expect a great deal more out of a forum than you would even see in face-to-face communication.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I agree with all of the things listed, but then if you think about it for a minute, this forum, especially the lounge area wouldnt be so novel or comical. The entire list makes for the truth but thats just the climate, people will be people, and so hey, laugh about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This topic was more or less a vent for some frustration and for a little humor. I tend to get pissy sometimes and rant about things and the replies tend to put me back into perspective.

Examples;

-Rox's response made me laugh out loud, for real.
-jsherrill28's repsonse was funny as well. Although this is the lounge, I can be a lazy bastard and repost opinions all day long. Mwaaa!
-Philter's response because although he changed the item, I sitll know he was talking about me! And that goes hand in hand with my number 9. His number 3 was also pure gold. I hate those people. Trying to filter (no pun intended) through all the nonsense to get to the real knowledge is just time consuming.
-ZoomZooDiva hit it right on the nose.

The ideal forum was a forum put up by special forces guys (I believe it was professionalsoldiers.com) It's worth a look, if anything to see what these guys are all about.

But anyway, I don't want to stress that I hate this forum, because I don't and I sure as hell wouldn't have ordered a sticker. Although a sticker doesn't exactly prove anything, but I did provide support! Well, I am pretty much done bitching about things that will never change because we all know how people work, but I think I agree with Blackmagik to an extent, a break might be needed from time to time.

Peace, bee-aches. I gotta go do an install. And not break something. ;)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
-Philter's response because although he changed the item, I sitll know he was talking about me! [/b]
Believe it or not, you get at least one of those guys daily who ask questions like that. So it wasnt about you even though now I realize that I did yell at you the other day about doing the same exact thing with an intake. :laugh: I just had a few of those same exact questions when I was selling something and it drove me nuts.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Spriggan, you've only got 16 posts man! It's just beginning for you!

Try being a vetaran on here since back when the car 1st came out! Then you don't even have to look for the garbage. Since you're a "veteran", they just PM it to you. Nothing like getting a PM box full of fitment / "what does this do" / "what's this for" / "what does that mean" , questions.

Good times. *siiiiiiiiigh* God I love you guys. :love:

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I think forums would be more helpful but less interesting if threads weren't hijacked and NOOB's weren't ridiculed. It goes with the territory.

3) People who give BAD information. I dont mind people who insist that they are right and debate it. When it comes to certain technical stuff, that stuff is a good debate that I like reading. However when someone asks about a fitament or rubbing problem or compatability problem and someone just blurts out the answer thats completely wrong. If you dont know exactly what you are talking about, shut the fuck up. Its better to stay silent than to give someone incorrect information about something.

Example or CURRENT threads going on now:
Someone asked whats different about the 6s hp ratings from 2005/2006. They went from 220 to 215. Someone responded they believe its because they have different trannies which is not the reason at all. Why even post if you are wrong and giving someone the wrong answer? He wasnt asking for an OPINION, which anyone can jump in and give, he was asking a factual question. If you have no idea and someones asking a factual question, shut the fuck up. I wouldnt want to ask a factual question about something important and some dipshit told me the wrong thing then I head down to my car and screw it up because I listened to some idiot here.
[/b]
+1

This is the single most aggrivating thing to me. Everyone has an answer.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
wow dude who gives a fuck calm down and go drink some beer.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
But anyway, I...want to stress that I hate this forum, because...I sure as hell wouldn't...order...a sticker.
Peace, bee-aches. I gotta go...break something. ;)
[/b]
I hate when people take things too seriously. It's an internet forum. Things will go off topic, sometimes thanks to me. We're all here for the same reason, we love our cars. There is plenty of great stuff here when you weed through the BS.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I hate when people take things too seriously. It's an internet forum. Things will go off topic, sometimes thanks to me. We're all here for the same reason, we love our cars. There is plenty of great stuff here when you weed through the BS.
[/b]
Seriously dude. Just because Nebraska football blows ass this year doesnt give you the right to hijack this thread.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Seriously dude. Just because Nebraska football blows ass this year doesnt give you the right to hijack this thread.
[/b]
What are you talking about? Nebraska football is back!!! Big 12 champs 2006. Penn State, now they blow. Last year was a fluke! :nana:

I didn't hijack it either I was on topic. I just chose to misquote for humor based reasons. Now you're taken me off topic!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
24 Participants
Tire Guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing