Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one with paper thin paint?

I've been searching the forum and I don't see any posts about it.

I accidently bumped a buckle on my bag against the side of my car and it took the paint off!
I couldn't believe it! No ding or anything, just 1 square milimeter area of exposed primer.

Right now my car is being serviced for something unrelated, but they gave me a rental car, a POS Dodge Charger (YUCK), but I decided to test it's paint with a similar bump of a buckle... Nothing. So I tried harder... Nothing. I BANGED IT HARD, a slight slight slight scratch on the clear coat but you'd REALLY have to be looking for it to see it.

I'm pissed! It's like my car doesn't even have a clear coat!

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
875 Posts
All Mazdas are known for this.

My P5, MSP, and MS6 all have had paint that is easy to scuff or chip. I don't know why they don't pick something better.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I got more chips in three months with this car than 6+ years with my Contour.

I somehow even got one on the fender...??? :irate:

Well, at least I know why they send free touch up paint...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Yeah sad to say that is common on Mazda's......Sorry

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yeah, i've bitched at length about the paint on this forum. i'm just used to it now. lots of wax helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
At least they know the paint sucks, now I know why they gave me the free "gift" of touch up paint in the mail.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ive had my black mica for about 9 months now and it already has tons of swirl marks, which I dont understand because i throughouly wash my mit and make sure no dirt or anything gets in the wash, along with waxing it with zaino alteast every 2 months. It really pisses me off because now whenever i look at my car in the sun it looks like someone took a brillo pad to the entire thing!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
yeah, i've bitched at length about the paint on this forum. i'm just used to it now. lots of wax helps.
[/b]
Yep he has it right...coat that car with Wax....two times over.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Ive had my black mica for about 9 months now and it already has tons of swirl marks, which I dont understand because i throughouly wash my mit and make sure no dirt or anything gets in the wash, along with waxing it with zaino alteast every 2 months. It really pisses me off because now whenever i look at my car in the sun it looks like someone took a brillo pad to the entire thing!
[/b]
That's why owning black cars are an annoyance.....did you get the memo?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Well, at least I know why they send free touch up paint...
[/b]
Free touch up paint? Did they send you some? I've got nothing from Mazdasouth, course that's par for the course for their customer service :swearin:

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's why owning black cars are an annoyance.....did you get the memo?
[/b]
...or owning a silver, white, beige.... Mazda. I have the liquid platinum and it's no better. Dark grey primer/basecoat underneath and I know because I can see at about 100 different spots. When Mazda says they put a clear coat on this car, I think they meant that as in the Emperor's new invisible suit is marvelous isn't it? :sarc: There's a clear coat on there my azzzz.

:irate:

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was about to post about this:

my car is a month old and I've already noticed 2 chips on it while washing it. I should be getting my survey in the mail. I think i'm going to hold on to it until central beasley Mazda does something about this.

Don't get me started on Mazda South Beasley (in Austin, TX). I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to that shit hole. They are unprofessional, treat you like you're stupid, are not honest about rebates/incentives and are about as fun to deal with as having your pecker sun burned. No thanks, but i'll pass.

However, if you're looking for someone in Austin, TX mazda dealership, I would recommend a contact at the centeral beasly location that I bought my car from. PM if you're interested.

repo

·
Registered
940 Posts
Free touch up paint? Did they send you some? I've got nothing from Mazdasouth, course that's par for the course for their customer service :swearin:
[/b]
I just got mine Tuesday and I got the car at the end of May - they wait 6 months to send it to you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
[/b]
I think I got mine about 4 months after I had owned my (first) ms6.

·
Registered
47 Posts
...or owning a silver, white, beige.... Mazda. I have the liquid platinum and it's no better. Dark grey primer/basecoat underneath and I know because I can see at about 100 different spots. When Mazda says they put a clear coat on this car, I think they meant that as in the Emperor's new invisible suit is marvelous isn't it? :sarc: There's a clear coat on there my azzzz.

:irate:
[/b]
Same goes for the white. If "anything" gets on the paint, it seems like it stains it and you have to rub like hell to get it off. I've got a couple of chips on mine and complained to the paint guys at the dealership. The manager said that Mazda paint jobs are only 3 mils thick compared to other/older cars which are like 6 or 7 mils. Some BS about the EPA and the like. I'm not sure if I believe him, but he really didn't have anything to gain by lying to me.
He told me to make sure I had the service manager note the problem the next time I had the car in so that Mazda couldn't dispute it if a claim would arise. The paint guy also told me that you'll probably get more chips on the hood than the front bumper due to a different way of painting the bumper. I can't believe they actually sucked and extra $200 out of me for the white. :irate:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yeah, but at least you got the two tone leather. I wish I had the two tone leather. It looks so sweet. I haven't seen it with Black Mica yet though.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I just got mine Tuesday and I got the car at the end of May - they wait 6 months to send it to you.
[/b]
Heh, so they wait just long enough for you to have pits in the paint. Nice :sarc:

Thanks for the data!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
spotted three chips on my paint when i picked it up from the dealer - more since. so i told him, and he said i could take it to so and so body shop to have them fixed at their expense...which i did. all the paint chips eventually reappeared, so im not sure how all those touch up remedies will work - paintscratch.com, mazda touch up paint etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts