Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?? If anyone knows of or has a set of 194s that match the 5000K HID please let me know. I hate the stocks!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
$20 for a set of 194s seem to be a bit expensive for me. And also you have to wait about 2 weeks for the shipping. If it was me i'd get the 194 Hyper White LEDs from v-leds.com or autolumination.com. The white LEDs are probably around 6500K with more of a blue tint so it would be much closer to matching the 5000K you have compared to the 8000K 194s. Or if there are walmarts nearby, stop by and check out the Pilot 194 Xenon bulbs. They are blue looking but let off a crisp white, probably around 4000K-5000K and those are $5. Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i got myself a Polarg Hybrid, and they seem to quite match my 4300K...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If it was me I wouldnt even put any 194's in there it looks better with just the HID's on... Also with autolumination and similar places be careful with the leds some tend to be a very bluish white while others tend to be a very dull white with a little yellow.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes Autolumination have good products but I got a batch of say 6-8 bulbs from them I ordered in Super White and when I put them in my parking lights spot in the High Beams they look different, one was a little dull, or a little to blue.

SuperBrightLEDs.com is the place to get them, there was 1 in 10 that looked a little off.

The LED's are as close to HID as it's gonna get, and I have 6000k Bulbs.

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
This is what i meant, i may have the 4100-4300K bulbs, but i think mine has colorshifted.... i'd say ard 4500-4700K now... and this is my setup, will change soon to aulolumination 194 superflux with heatsink soon...

the color looks similar... although it's a li'll bit bluer in real life...

OH btw, that polarg hybrid was my last setup before i tried to install this 5WLEDs from superbrightleds.com while i took apart my headlight...

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I went with the supernova 194 led's from autolumination.com and they are still going strong.No problems at all,but i have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went with the supernova 194 led's from autolumination.com and they are still going strong.No problems at all,but i have my fingers crossed.
[/b]
Hey my Supernova's just came in... the ones with the heat shield and they dont fit into the front highbeam housing!!!! When I go to pull it back out it almost falls into the housing! I thought the supernova's from autolumination.com fits?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hey my Supernova's just came in... the ones with the heat shield and they dont fit into the front highbeam housing!!!! When I go to pull it back out it almost falls into the housing! I thought the supernova's from autolumination.com fits?
[/b]
I believe djquik posted before that they dont fit perfectly and you need to do a little modification to get them to fit. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This is what i meant, i may have the 4100-4300K bulbs, but i think mine has colorshifted.... i'd say ard 4500-4700K now... and this is my setup, will change soon to aulolumination 194 superflux with heatsink soon...

the color looks similar... although it's a li'll bit bluer in real life...

OH btw, that polarg hybrid was my last setup before i tried to install this 5WLEDs from superbrightleds.com while i took apart my headlight...

[/b]

Are those pictures the Polarg Hybrids?

I currently have the hyperwhite inverted LEDs in my parking lights and the light output is just nil so Im looking to get something else.

I like the "halo" look so im trying to steer away from LEDs as they are more of a point emit light source and looking at other bulbs....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
so best match for 5k HID's

Survey says :?:[/b]
I have the Katsuro 5K kit.

I just replaced my parking lights with super white Xenon bulbs from autolumination.com and Im very happy with them. The best COLOR match with 5K HIDs IMO is the hyper white LEDs. However, if you dont want LEDs in your parking lights, the bulbs I just got are a pretty close match but are not as perfect of a match as the LEDs were.

Do a search for posts made by Business, in the "blue h1 non-HID look alike" thread. He posted a picture of the bulbs I just bought. They have a very light shade of blue with them, still give the halo effect, and arent LED's so they wont burn out as easily.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i got the 194 hyper white led's from superbrightleds.com i ordered too many for my interior so i thought i would put them in the headlights... let me tell you.... they do not look like the ones inside.... they are blue. BLUE! what happened? im afraid ima get pulled over by a donut eating pig white those blue lights cuz in some states its ilegal.. dunno about here... does anybody know if theyre legal in salt lake city utah?

by the way... stay away from anything that has that japanese writing on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts