Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order my Mazda 6 after three weeks of shopping. Here is my perception of the current market for dealing anywhere between Toronto and Montreal. I visited five dealers.

I got the best quote from a Toronto dealer. My second best quote was from a MTL dealer. No good success at whole around Ottawa. Dealers around Montreal are all confident about the sale prospect for the Mazda 6. Presales are very good. Mazda have a good name in Quebec and the brand is popular. You can tell by the number of Mazda car seen driving around Montreal. Although I got a good quote from a dealer around Montreal, it was difficult in general to get good quote in Quebec. I find that it is a bit easier in Ontario. So I finally settle for a relatively good price well below MSRP. Now I only have to wait for April since I did not want to take delivery until winter is over ( I still have fun spinning in the snow with my Protege).

I also got the word that since the Mazda 6 has been available in the US (almost two months now); sales have not been as high as anticipated. In another hand, as said above, the presales in Canada are already very good promising good sales across the country once the car will become available. So the word I got is that Mazda is already adjusting the production line to output a bit more Canadian Spec car out of the factory at the detriment of US SPec car production, so more cars will hit the Canadian market in April.

PS - In Ontario there is a Fuel tax of $75, while in QC there is a environment tax for tires $15.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'TheMarket'

i spoke to one of the mazda dealer near me when picking up the 6 brochure last week and he say there's no savings since the cars are very limited in the beginning.

maybe i should start to deposit some money before i have to wait a very long time :(

but if there are more cars coming out as u say...it's good news.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Originally posted by Ichi

i spoke to one of the mazda dealer near me when picking up the 6 brochure last week and he say there's no savings since the cars are very limited in the beginning.[/b]
I was told the same, and that savings will start when the cars are in the dealership lot.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Cool! Hey Fhemto, can you share with us which Dealer was the cheapest in Toronto? How much is he charging you, for what model?

Being in the Financial Industry, I can honestly say I think the car buying market has been hot the past year or so, due to low interest rates. Therefore, many people bought new cars. The market will definitely slow down by alot (trust me on this one!) Reason?? Everyone has a new car, they will certainly not sell their new car and buy a new one. I think this could be the reason sales might not have hit targets in the States. Don't forget that the economy is not good right now, people spend less. This is good news because Dealers will be hungry for sales = better discount.

I agree with both of you that once the cars are out on the lots, they will be cheaper. Right now, prices might be inflated because they are not sure what the demand will be (remember the Beetles, when they came out? $10,000 over MRSP!) PATIENCE BOYS!

·
Registered
6 Posts

I only went to pick up a Mazda6 brochure and talked to one of the dealer about the car. I have not gone around town looking for the best price. The dealer offered me the MSRP, which is nothing spectacular. However, thanks to Hieppo, he has given me some insight on pricing. The best thing to do is go through CAA.

I was listening to the radio and heard an advertisement from Dufferin Mazda. The commercial kept on talking about the Mazda6. Does anyone know if the Mazda6 is in the lot at Dufferin Mazda?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes I agree, so far the best thing is to go through CAA (for any one in Central Ontario). The membership will only cost you $60 approx. Use CAA referal program which will get Westown Mazda to give you a quote (Do not go to the dealer directly). You will get $60 back in value many time with the low quote. If you buy there, you will even get a $100 discount at CAA.

They claim that they only keep $750 profit on the car. Base on my calculation that seem to be true. But the true dealer cost will only be know later once the information will be available at http://www.carcostcanada.com/ later this winter.

If you wait, it might be easier to deal a good price after the first wave of cars (Feb, Mar, Apr) then the they will more cars in dealer lots and novelty will not be there any more to keep the price high. What I have done, is I negociated a price for April delivery based on that argument, and I did get a price which at least $700 below MSRP.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I work at one of the Toronto dealer. I can tell you guys even you pay full MSRP of the car. You still get a good deal because the mark-up of the M6 is not that much. Mazda Canada already increase the GS-V6 price once. So don't expect you can a lot discount.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

yeah i don't expect a lot of discount or any at all but wonder if they could add extra accessories for free...like a sunroof deflector or something

·
Registered
227 Posts

Congratulations!!!!!
MazdaForLife!!

You will love the car.
Send me an e-mail and let me know which model you went with and what deal you worked out.:)

H

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: TheMarket

I just purchased a Mazda6 GS I-4 Sport using the Ford X-Plan. I realized a $700+ discount off of MSRP as well as made up some savings on the usual administrative (nightmarish) costs. Honestly I thought the car was well packaged enough at the MSRP level to compete against the Honda Accord LX-G once you add on 16" optional alloys. Unfortunately once someone drives the '03 Accord at night Mazda has a fight on its hands as the gauges on the Honda are outstanding. The Mazda dealer really couldn't show me the Optitron gauges to provide an apples-to-apples comparision as they had no GT models with the GFX package in inventory

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by hornetcf188

I just purchased a Mazda6 GS I-4 Sport using the Ford X-Plan. I realized a $700+ discount off of MSRP ...[/b]
Congratulation!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by ngk

Which mazda dealer in Toronto area is the best to deal with?[/b]
At the time I did my shopping, back in December 2002, it was Westowne Mazda that gave me a good quote. But the quote was thru the CAA referral program which it implies that you have to be a CAA member. If you are not, it might worth to become one.

http://www.central.on.caa.ca/caarsmain.htm

PS- I recommend that you shop a bit around to get a feel of the different deals you can get around town, then compared with what you get thru CAA.

Good luck in your shopping.

F

·
0 Posts

i'd seriously recomend looking at the Automobile Protection Agency (APA). They're based out of Toronto, but have a wide variety of connections across the country. They have that big annual expose with W5 on CTV.

The annual membership of $55 is good for:

- dealer invoice pricing (know what the dealer paid). I think you get two free ones, the rest are $5 each.
- you also get their car buying plan (this is the real goods of the membership) - i'll outline it below
- discounts on everything from rust proofing to car maintenance
- and a whole bunch of otehr stuff thats not worth listing here

Again, seriously, it rocks.

1. email them with the car, specs and any other relevant information
2. they phone you back with the dealer invoice (they also send you a PDF file of it). They give you the name of their dealer specific contact guy.
3. you phone their contact and say, "lets do the deal"
4. you pay the BEST brice available (including incentives, cashbacks - whatever). You also pay the APA $60 (finder fee or some BS)
5. you go to the arranged dealership - sign a whackload of documents
6. your done

Did I mention it rocks?

I saved $2,300 on my 02 Xterra. No $hit.

Obviously - there's a big fat chance anyone will save that much on a new M6. Not this early in the selling.

All I know is that I'll never buy another (new) car any other way.

check out their website: http://www.apa.ca

Hope this helps somebody

·
Registered
51 Posts

Originally posted by ngk

Do you guys think M6 would be selling like hotcakes?[/b]
Hard to say right now.

Altima's been selling like hot cakes last 2 years but now I start to see a slow down. I actually see left over stock on the lot now. They used to roll out as fast as they roll in. May be it's winter so no one is buying.

New Accord is doing well as usual. There are less Camry's on the road now may be caused by Accord and Altima.

The 6 will go head to head with Acura TSX which rumored to be loaded @ $32-$33K with xenon and VSA AND handling as good as 6.

Does the market still have room for 2 more sport sedans? May be. But something gotta give. With the economy going south with looming war, and like someone said that everyone who need a new car bought one last year. I think sales of 6 will be average. If 6 does well, it will be in expense of Accords and Altimas.

For myself, my purchase will be in May and it's a 3 horse race between TSX, Mazda 6 and Altima.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Fhemto

I only went to pick up a Mazda6 brochure and talked to one of the dealer about the car. I have not gone around town looking for the best price. The dealer offered me the MSRP, which is nothing spectacular. However, thanks to Hieppo, he has given me some insight on pricing. The best thing to do is go through CAA.

I was listening to the radio and heard an advertisement from Dufferin Mazda. The commercial kept on talking about the Mazda6. Does anyone know if the Mazda6 is in the lot at Dufferin Mazda?[/b]
it is at morningside mazda

·
Registered
20 Posts

Has anyone had experience in purchasing a 6 lately? I notice that the 6 is not in the drop down menu on the CAA sites. Do you know if the 6 is not offered in their program any longer?
In your experience who has been giving a reasonable deal in the Toronto area?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Originally posted by erviv

... I notice that the 6 is not in the drop down menu on the CAA sites.  Do you know if the 6 is not offered in their program any longer?  [/b]
No the site is not update, but the 6 is still on. You may want to contact :

Niki Figliano
CAARS CONNECTION REPRESENTATIVE Westowne Mazda
5511 Dundas St. W.
Toronto, Ontario
M9B 1B8
416-232-2011
www.westowne.com

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and have been reading posts about the M6 for the last week or so.

I'm so wanting the M6 that my wife is going to kill me if I don't stop bugging her to let me trade in my Sunfire GT now!

I live in the GTA and went to Ontario Mazda at the Dixie auto mall at Dixie & Hwy 401 this past Friday. They had at least 12 M6s on the lot in various trim levels and colours.

I'm pretty sure there was a silver V6 GT with GFX on the lot. As well, there were blue, black, and dark grey models to check out.

I spoke with the sales manager there and got a quote to lease a GS-I4 with Sport Package and Auto trans. It was not a negotiation as I'm not ready to purchase until late summer. At any rate no deals to be found. I was quoted full MSRP.

Nice to be on board and know I'm not the only one waiting to get his hands on the M6.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts