Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow. You have been incredibly fortunate - the Seller seems a rare and laudable ethical person.
I second the suggestions to very thoroughly examine the replacement engine and IRAN (Inspect and Replace As Necessary).
I've never owned a MazdaSpeed6, but adding to the stress on that engine with aftermarket and higher-performance parts seems like shortening the fuse on your hand grenade.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mazdaspeed 6's may seem like a lot of trouble but when they are running right, they are a work of beauty!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Damn dude, this is exactly why I suggested to stay away from the thing.

The issue with your clutch sounds like a failed slave cylinder, low fluid or even a broken clutch cable.

As for the misfire codes, sounds like failed crankshaft position sensor.

How did your mechanic come to the conclusion that this engine was abused? solid compression ratio implies otherwise.

Takeaway here - NEVER lug your engine is any gear! especially not in 6th!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Damn dude, this is exactly why I suggested to stay away from the thing.

The issue with your clutch sounds like a failed slave cylinder, low fluid or even a broken clutch cable.

As for the misfire codes, sounds like failed crankshaft position sensor.

How did your mechanic come to the conclusion that this engine was abused? solid compression ratio implies otherwise.

Takeaway here - NEVER lug your engine is any gear! especially not in 6th!
You cant have both a hydraulic and cable clutch.
He didnt "lug" the motor at 75-80mph in 6th.
Do you actually know anything about these cars or were you napping just now?

·
Registered
445 Posts
You cant have both a hydraulic and cable clutch.
He didnt "lug" the motor at 75-80mph in 6th.
Do you actually know anything about these cars or were you napping just now?
Thanks for the correction on hydraulic vs cable clutch.
He said he accelerated in sixth gear. That is what I'd call lugging the engine, unless the rpms are high enough and you're being gentle with the throttle.

Cheer up a little my dude. You're the saltiest forum user I've ever seen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Guys, there is no need to argue. Overall, the engine was just flat out "beat to hell" & its getting replaced. I am also having them throw in a new clutch as well. They checked the transmission and said it was in "excellent condition & on Monday they are going to check the head gasket and timing chain on the new engine.The mechanics I am going through are top notch and have been in the Birmingham area for over 50 years! Everyone who owns a Ferrari,Porsche,Audi,BMW,Lamborghini or exotic goes with these guys and their parking lot looks like an exotic car dealership. On a positive note, look what arrived today (2006 Mazdaspeed 6 with 123k miles on it)!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's really not great on this car to get into boost in a high gear at a low rpm, but that's not what did his engine in. I think if he was about 80 he should be around 3000 rpm in 6th.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
On a side note, when this engine is put in (sometime next week), will the access port work with the engine or do we need to reinstall it all over again?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks for the correction on hydraulic vs cable clutch.
He said he accelerated in sixth gear. That is what I'd call lugging the engine, unless the rpms are high enough and you're being gentle with the throttle.

Cheer up a little my dude. You're the saltiest forum user I've ever seen.
No, what i meant is the last few posts you made, made total sense, thats why i asked if you were asleep or something, in other words, distracted.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's really not great on this car to get into boost in a high gear at a low rpm, but that's not what did his engine in. I think if he was about 80 he should be around 3000 rpm in 6th.
That's the case with any engine, turbo or not. Sounds like that's all it needed to seal the engines fate.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts