did you use a pc or do it all by hand?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful car, HighSpeed. I'd hump it.
[/b]
Thanks! :D

Did you detail that freshly painted bumper?
[/b]
Yep, I called the shop, and they said that they "baked" the bumper after painting. So I asked them if I could wax, and polish it with a PC and they said that I could do anything to it.

did you use a pc or do it all by hand?
[/b]
Used a professional PC from my buddy's detailing center. Instead of 1 6" pad, it's two 4.5" pads.

·
Registered
270 Posts
that is one sexy 6. makes me wanna wash my steel grey. lol. lovin that grill

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is one sexy 6. makes me wanna wash my steel grey. lol. lovin that grill
[/b]
Yea, SG def the best color!

You missed a spot... j/k looks great, I don't have the time or patience to do that.
[/b]
Yeah, it took me like 6 hours.

Oh okay, just making sure. Looks sexy though, nice job. :)
[/b]
Thanks man.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Very...very well done. Like anyone that has ever used a PC...you stood back after the last polish...right before you put on the wax and said....HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS SWEEEET!

you've done a beautiful job.

Are you hooked yet?

·
Registered
175 Posts
can u tell me wat were the exact material (name/brand) of those Wash, Clay, Wash, Paint Cleaner, Polish, Wax that u used? i want to keep my car looking like that 2......

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suggest that if your going to do this process that you should invest in a Porter Cable. It took me about 5-6 hours with a professional buffer. I washed the car with Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash soap. Then I used Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System. Then I used Meguiars Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner. Polished with Deep Crystal System Polish. Waxed with NXT Generation Tech Wax. Than I spray detailed it with NXT Generation Speed Detailer. Than I kept it in my parent garage and the next day I spay detailed the whole car again outside to get all the left behind wax I might have missed.

Those pictures were taken the same day in the evening wasn't the best day outside. The camera that was used was only a 2 megapixel so those pictuers don't do all the works justice, nor the good looks of the car. It's worth it.

Here's some new pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is exactly how I want my steel grey to look like. I can't think of one thing you could do to improve its looks.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just for looks I have planned some PIAA JDM Yellow fog lights, with body color matched housing, eyes lids, blacked out headlights, 6000K HIDs, with LED parking lights, PIAA matched high beam, and low beam bulbs. Maybe a carbon fiber hood. That's about all I can think of right now. It'll be nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts