Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in to get my sport manual 2014 Mazda 6 Dyno'd tomorrow and wanted to see other peoples results. Post your dyno here!!!!!

P.S. PSI motorsports in Hillsboro, OR will do it for $80... not the cheapest, but they are reputable.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Here is the dyno from my most recent run. I am super happy with 177hp. About 15 more than I expected. This is a baseline with only an Injen Intake.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Well I can tell you from experience with the first gen TSX, once you get to the 220-250 hp to the wheels, the car becomes very fun. Just using prior knowledge to say that I think that will maximize the zoom zoom. Your tire bill may go up because the car will spin them stock.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any dyno results before the intake?

Another 6er got 161 on his auto before intake. 177 means I got some good gains from my manual as the car is rated at 186. Also, if it bears mentioning I have always used 91 octane on the car so I may be getting a very small gain from that as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone have dyno numbers after exhaust?

I will at the end of this month. I am installing a full 3" header back exhaust then letting the car adjust to the new exhaust and going in for a run. Anther month and I will be doing a custom tune and another run.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Hmmm, those numbers are better than I expected. I'm going to see about hitting the dyno after my intake is added, I need some baseline runs for comparison.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
782 Posts
Another 6er got 161 on his auto before intake. 177 means I got some good gains from my manual as the car is rated at 186. Also, if it bears mentioning I have always used 91 octane on the car so I may be getting a very small gain from that as well.
Nice! So I guess this is a reasonably conclusive data point that the Injen intake actually adds HP. I hope more owners will do before and after dyno runs so we have conclusive proof of performance gains and can put the debate to bed.

Working on it. :). Hoping a tune and a full exhaust will get me close. Thinking 210hp is not impossible and very attainable.
That would be awesome - If you manage to get 200+ to the wheels, I'm not going to wait for a Speed6. I'm going to do exactly what you did! I'll be following your progress with a lot of interest. The only thing that's keeping me from buying a 2015 Mazda 6 at this point is that I feel the stock car is about 30 to 40 hp underpowered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi man newbie here. When you talk about 220-250 in a TSX are you talking at the wheels or crank? And remember that the 6 is about 300 lbs lighter than a TSX so 210 at the wheels on a 6 would still be be as good or better a power to weight ratio of 220 at the wheels on a TSX. Sure makes me like the value of my 6 GX MT as it was 11K less Canadian $ then a base model TSX. I guess after seeing this dyno pull I'm going to order a injen cold air intake.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I wouldn't even compare the TSX to the 6. That's more comparable to the 3, IMO at which point power-to-weight is a bigger argument in Mazda's favor.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
On another forum (mazda247 ?), "Monkee" posted his Dyno plots before and after the Injen intake when Injen was developing the 2nd version of the intake. It was a hot day and the increase in max power and max torque was about 9 for each. Maximum increase where the intake is minimizing the dip in power around 5k is probably closer to 15. If somebody could find that and post it here that would be great.

I'm curious of the performance of the 3rd/current version of the injen intake on post march 2013 built cars. Monkee's car was post March build which is why it didn't play nice with the first version Injen intake and worked awesome with the 2nd version . But then the pre march build cars didn't play nice with the 2nd build versions so now injen has a 3rd version (came out Oct 2013) that is one size fits all and I'm worried about that compromise.

So for those dynoing with an injen intake please state what your car's build date is and which version of the injen intake you are using if you can, I'd sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On another forum (mazda247 ?), "Monkee" posted his Dyno plots before and after the Injen intake when Injen was developing the 2nd version of the intake. It was a hot day and the increase in max power and max torque was about 9 for each. Maximum increase where the intake is minimizing the dip in power around 5k is probably closer to 15. If somebody could find that and post it here that would be great.

I'm curious of the performance of the 3rd/current version of the injen intake on post march 2013 built cars. Monkee's car was post March build which is why it didn't play nice with the first version Injen intake and worked awesome with the 2nd version . But then the pre march build cars didn't play nice with the 2nd build versions so now injen has a 3rd version (came out Oct 2013) that is one size fits all and I'm worried about that compromise.

So for those dynoing with an injen intake please state what your car's build date is and which version of the injen intake you are using if you can, I'd sure appreciate it.

Mine is a pre march 3013 build with their newest intake.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Is there a velocity stack in the Injen intake? Also, where's the best place to get one (price)? I'm weighing the cost of getting one and modifying it versus building one.

351 Posts
Hi man newbie here. When you talk about 220-250 in a TSX are you talking at the wheels or crank? And remember that the 6 is about 300 lbs lighter than a TSX so 210 at the wheels on a 6 would still be be as good or better a power to weight ratio of 220 at the wheels on a TSX. Sure makes me like the value of my 6 GX MT as it was 11K less Canadian $ then a base model TSX. I guess after seeing this dyno pull I'm going to order a injen cold air intake.
intake is for sound only!!! these are legends and myths that an aftermarket intake will increase power and fuel economy :)lol::lol::lol:) on modern cars

1 - 20 of 122 Posts