Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

With the bad weather arond the corner, I would like to get an extra set of wheels with all season radials for my MS6. After reading through various threads I am more confused than ever as to what will actually fit. I see some posts saying that any Mazda6 wheel will fit, others say they will not clear the rotors. Some posts claim that the RX8 18" wheels are a godo fit then I see others claiming you need to flare the fenders to prevent rubbing. A whole ton of seemingly conflicting information.

What size wheel and tires are recommended for the MS6 in going with all season radials? I have a lead on a set of RX8 OEM wheels. Will these actually work and if so, with what size tire? My primary consideration is to fit the car with something to carry me safely through the winter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Strictly for winter use, go with the mazda6 17" rim (which WILL clear the rotors, don't let anyone tell you differently). Thinner is better in the winter, and the 17" is a 17x7. For winter on these, I would go 215/50/17 or even a 205/(55 or 60)/17

The rx8 rims will be fine with a 225 series tire without a roll (as long as you don't have drop springs), but are a bit wide to use for a winter tire. For the rx8 rims, 225/45/18

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you want the RX-8 wheels I would recomend buy the RX-8 for summer wheels and put a set of blizzaks on the stock MS6 wheels for winter. The heavy 7" wide MS6 wheels will be pretty good in the winter and the wider RX8 ones will be good in the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts