Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got down to the actual circuit board that the stock amplifier is on in an effort to make preamplifier outputs. I was hoping to find the inside to be a bit more modular- the "module" being the amplifier on the stock unit and preamplifier on the Bose unit. This was not the case- the entire head unit is on one board, with plugs to interface with the climate control, CD player, MP3 player, cassette, etc. Nonetheless, I tried to attempt to prod around to find out where the signal originates. The back of the unit, where the two large capacitors are, is the amplifier. It's difficult to follow the signal much beyond them, and unfortunately, when I got the unit stripped down this far, I couldn't get the unit to power on.

So, I may try again later, but I'm not the electronics whiz I ought to be to attempt this, and so I'm not overly optimistic. Nonetheless, here's a few pictures I snapped- maybe someone else could shed some light!

Unfortunately, the "Macro" version of my camera is apparently for shots closer up than what I took- they came out a little blurry.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: The stock amplifier

The connector on the right is the one used to hook up the unit. The 8 big leads on the top of the connector (as pictured) are the 8 speaker outputs (4 speakers, two wires each).

The connector on the left is not used for anything. While it does output some voltage, it is not an audio signal. I have not determined what exactly it does- there are 16 pins in the connector.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Reading Topic: The stock amplifier

I would almost bet the connector on the left is for the trip computer. Anyone across the pond willing to check on this assumption?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts