Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me or all your passengers surprised by your car?

This past weekend we went out with some friends and my back seat passengers asked "so what did you do to the dash?"
me: "nothing, it's stock, added this boost gauge but that's it"
passengers: "It came this way?"
And I even had the NAV closed at the time...

Walking back to the car later as it sat outside in the sun same passenger asked: "Did you have the car painted?"
me, with a confused look: "no"
passenger: "It came in that color?"
me: "Yep that's stock, it's called blackcherry"
passenger "wow, that's really nice, i really like your car"

I'm used to people having NO idea about the performance but I get more compliments and questions about how surprisingly nice the car is. People seemed very surprised by a nice Mazda and have no idea the car is mazda's flagship. I so dig a proper sleeper.

I didn't even mention all the comments on the fancy key..

What kind of comments are you guys getting?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i get the same stuff about the BCM.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i get the same comments about my regular 6. people still really dig these cars with a few tasteful mods. gets more attention then any other car ive ever owned.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The other day I was working outside of a new customers house. He goes " Oh is that the new infinity?looks really nice", then I told him it was a mazda lol. Not many people know about em.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
i get the same comments about my regular 6. people still really dig these cars with a few tasteful mods. gets more attention then any other car ive ever owned.

lol it must be saddening when people ask you if its the mazdaspeed model haha.

and jvoss were these passengers blonde with huge tits? haha

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
the other day my uncle who is a bit older asked me if my speed had a v6. i told him it was a 4 cyl and he say "oh so its one of those econo models". just wait til he goes for a ride!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had this guy at the mall compliment me and said i had nice tail lights, true story. I love it when I take new passengers for a ride and I boost lightly, they ask what kind of turbo did I hook up. They don't think it came stock with the car.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
My favorite so far-

random 19-25(ish) young guy in mall parking lot asks: "Was it hard to get a CX7 front bumper on there?"

#2 fav so far-
an obviously cam'd mustang that I'd been following on the way to work one morning, then down a two lane, one way street, more or less next to him the whole way.
We chatted at a stoplight- his comment- "What the fuck is that thing???"

Actually, #2 might be my favorite. I got to the stoplight before he did.... tee-hee...

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine's VRM and I get that paint comment all the time when it's sunny out.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
548 Posts
my own mother has asked me twice where i got the money to have my car painted after just buying it. well mom, it came that way. just like i told you the last time you asked.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The key rocks peoples socks off all day long. Unless, of course, the person isn't wearing any socks. If that's the case, their would-be socks become their panties; only if said panties weren't previously cradling man parts.
Hahaha!!!! That's funny shit right there.

Reactions: Eminent.Six

·
Registered
450 Posts
my fav comment so far was from some kid in a mall parking lot. i'm sitting in my car and i over hear him talking to his buddy "wow that mazda 6 looks nice but i like the way the speed6 looks better" i drive a speed6 womp womp

·
Registered
959 Posts
I debadged my car and I swear almost no one guesses that it is a Mazda. I even had a cop ask me what it was when he was writing me a warning. Additionally people think it has a v8 and they fall over when I tell them that it is awd.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Went to my very first track meet this past weekend with my stock MS6. In my group was a stock WRX, BMW, Porsche and a tricked out new yellow Mustang GT500 that was trailered there.

So, in the classroom before the track event, the guy in the yellow Mustang was boasting about how his car had so much power that he was afraid people would get pissed if he kept passing everyone. On this 2.2 mile track there were only 3 passing zones and the front car had to give hand signals to let the approaching car pass.

Well, on my second time out on the track that day, I noticed I kept getting closer and closer every time around to that yellow Mustang. At about the 5th time around the track I noticed him wave me by. I kept it in 3rd and flew right by. Then I noticed him trail off lap after lap until we were flagged to come in.

Back in the classroom he asked me if I drove the red Mazda. I said "yep just a little 2.3L 4 cylinder" and he was amazed that I came up on him so fast!!! He claimed his GT500 was 600hp and told the instructor that "it really doesn't really matter how much hp you have because you can get passed by someone with 1/2 the cylinders!"

That made me feel good!

I also got about the same from a guy in a BMW that told me that my car was very respectable going around the track. I can only imagine what my car would have done with someone that knows much more about driving road courses than me! :)

EDIT: Here are the pics from the event I attended. You can definitely see the cameraman liked the yellow Mustang. There are only like a total of 5 shots of my red MS6. Oh well. Picture Link

1 - 20 of 87 Posts