Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On May 7th I turned the keys to the Mazda6 over to Sumter Chrysler/Dodge and despite the conversation after the appraisal where they said the AutoEXE front bumper would have to go and the orange peel (Even though I saw none) on the trunk where the emblem holes were filled in and painted was a "problem", it's all still there.

I just got back from taking our elderly neighbor out to breakfast before I have to go into work and I was talking to him why I always look out the window to the road, because you never know what your going to miss when you look away and shortly after saying that I see the steel grey Mazda6 with AutoEXE front bumper, lower fog lamps, door guards removed, headlights painted and rear emblem removed, filled and painted. I couldn't believe what I saw and it appeared what all had been such a problem had been fixed, I didn't see any damage to the front bumper like I had when I turned it in, the nick and slight scratch on the passenger side appeared to be gone as well. I don't know where it was going, it had no plates on it, it was chugging along down Broad St away from Sumter Chrysler/Dodge and Boyle Mazda/Cadillac.

It just seems so odd that after nearly a month they haven't restored the 6 to factory and sold it, that they have actually kept it modded. Though down here one of the Ford dealers has been doing that for awhile with trade-ins, selling them as "customs".

It especially seems odd that I found my 1984 Ford F-150 XLT less than a month after I traded it in for the 6, stripped down and restored to factory and sold to someone.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
My 05 custom six was resold from the dealer with my Springs and rims still on it. Took them 3 weeks to sell it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I see several customized Sixes at our local dealership....souns like they were full of poo poo.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Someone in Phx sold a completely custom p5 to showcase in trade for a 6 wagon
[/b]

Completely custom? Ha! It was spicy orange with midnight blue engine bay, inner door trims..etc. And a front bumper that was held on with zip-ties. Oh yea...fully custom... :sarc:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Dealers lying, a little bit? Thats an understatement.

Before I got rid of my Toyota Supra (privately), I had modified it quite a bit. I thought, just for shits and giggles, I would take it to a dealership to see what kind of money they would shell out toward the purchase of a new car.

Low and behold, as im sitting there with the Infiniti salesperson, the general manager comes over and is sitting and observing I guess? Well, anyhow, a friend of mine was in the market to buy a new G35, right when they came out, this was before the coupe was on the market, and I was interested in the FX45 SUV, and when the general manager told me he would give me 10k for the 1995 black, twin turbo Supra with about 15k in mods in it and 60k on the clock, I started laughing, and when i say laughing, I mean like an idiot or crazy person. He said they dont get much money for modified cars...even though they had a few modified G20's sitting right on their lot...!

This car didnt have a scratch on it, it was babied like some people baby their vintage muscle cars etc... I was practically laughing because the man who quoted me this dollar amount was an idiot. I know he was doing his job but damn... Those assholes would have turned around and sold it for 35k or some outrageous amount of money while giving me next to nothing for the car. I ended up selling it privately for about 27k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Confuc1ous
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing