Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you have probably seen my 2005 Mazda 6 hatchback (a special thanks to all those who voted for me to be 6OTM for August!). However, this car has always only ever been my "ricer DD." The real project car, the one that has demanded my time and money for years, is my 1996 Camaro Z28.

Well, after three long and painful years, I finally have it back on the road. So with no further ado, here it is:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Specs on the drivetrain, suspension and ant other changes please

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Powertrain Modifications:
Rebuilt 350 c.i. LT1 V8, forged pistons, Lunati Voodoo cam, custom ported heads with oversized valves, 1.6 roller rockers, valve springs, forged pushrods, EGR and AIR delete, SLP cold air intake, de-screened and de-finned MAF, smooth intake elbow, throttle body airfoil, Pacesetter longtube headers, cat delete, custom true dual exhaust, Magnaflow 2.5” X-pipe, Magnaflow muffler, rebuilt 4L60E transmission, 3600 stall torque converter, auxiliary trans cooler, fuel line relocation, tuned by Vector Motorsports (Brighton, MI) - 306.1 rwhp / 288.5 rwtq

Suspension and Driveline Modifications:
SLP Bilstein shocks, Summit front lowering springs, heater hose modified rear springs, UMI strut tower brace, BMR tubular K-member, BMR tubular upper and lower control arms, BMR torque arm, Founders rear lower control arms and relocation brackets, Founders adjustable panhard bar, 1LE front sway bar, Moog sway bar end links, poly bushings, LS1 front spindles, LS1 dual-piston front brake calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, aluminum driveshaft, Lakewood safety loop

Interior and Exterior Modifications:
Tan plastics and leather interior swapped from donor car, transmission temperature gauge;
15% window tint, tinted turn signals, marker lights, and taillights, short antenna, C6 Corvette Z06 replica wheels (17x9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear), short antenna, custom badges and decals

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'll guess if you can get it hook with the 3600 stall converter and assuming it has a 3.42 gear, it will run a 13.25 @ 105Mph on street tires.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did 13.86 @ 99 mph the first time I ever went down a drag strip, which was before the cam/heads/stall and before I did the torque arm or fully tubular front suspension. I'd like to think all those mods should get me into the 12s. I have 3.23s, 3.42s were in the cars with manual transmissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts