Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have searched so sarcasm can be saved for another post.
Anyway, I am on to the next three mods very shortly. I want to put in a light weight fly wheel, short throw shifter (mazdaspeed) and a clutch (not sure yet on stage or company. I will research)
My question is...is there a suggested order out there for the install. The reason I ask is because I have heard that a short throw will burn out your clutch. Logic tells me though that your driving habits with it will burn the clutch out. Is this true?
Also with 4,000 miles on the car am I better off holding off on these to insure that I have no warranty issues int he future with my stock parts? I can and will eat any direct problems from my mods. I just dont need or want to get hosed if my tire falls off and they blame the shifter :D
Also I can't afford to do all at once. Most likely will do one a month.

Thanks in advance for any "constructive" assistance you guys and gals have to offer up.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Of those, MS shifter first for sure, then, I'm not sure. The shifter is what I'm doing next, I have one on order right now.

Do you have any suspension mods yet? If not, I'd skip the clutch and replace it when you kill the stock one. Get at least a rear sway bar instead to really improve handling, and then lightweight wheels. Maybe springs after that.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of those, MS shifter first for sure, then, I'm not sure. The shifter is what I'm doing next, I have one on order right now.

Do you have any suspension mods yet? If not, I'd skip the clutch and replace it when you kill the stock one. Get at least a rear sway bar instead to really improve handling, and then lightweight wheels. Maybe springs after that.
[/b]
Thank you. I am looking at wheels and new suspension in the spring. But I am definitly getting a rear sway bar soon.
But for now I really want to add get up and go to her.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Then, I'd skip the clutch and flywheel and go for a CPE Intake with MAF ci, That's my next mod after winter tires and wheels are paid for. :(

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then, I'd skip the clutch and flywheel and go for a CPE Intake with MAF ci, That's my next mod after winter tires and wheels are paid for. :(
[/b]
I was thinking that route a months back. But I bought the mazdaspped CAI. One for warranty. And two to save some thing for down the road. Like playing with legos I don't want to reach the point where I feel that I am done any time soon :D

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
No way! Just like he said here...

Like playing with legos I don't want to reach the point where I feel that I am done any time soon :D
[/b]

I feel the exact same way. Working on the car little by little is fun. It gradually builds up. Doing it all at once it worthy of standing back and saying, "Nice" but, little by little is the way to go ;)

It's like when you're building a model airplane or something. It's fun building it and watching it come together. Then you put on the decals ever so carefully, paint it as well... and when you're done it looks great. But the building part was the fun part. So whaddya do? Go buy another model. Same concept... except up and buying another car's not quite as easy as buying another model, haha.

Best of luck figuring out what order to do them all in man, that was a huge pain for me as well.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I feel the exact same way. Working on the car little by little is fun. It gradually builds up. Doing it all at once it worthy of standing back and saying, "Nice" but, little by little is the way to go ;)

It's like when you're building a model airplane or something. It's fun building it and watching it come together. Then you put on the decals ever so carefully, paint it as well... and when you're done it looks great. But the building part was the fun part. So whaddya do? Go buy another model. Same concept... except up and buying another car's not quite as easy as buying another model, haha.
Best of luck figuring out what order to do them all in man, that was a huge pain for me as well.
[/b]
Hell yeah man, Most of the fun is doing the mods, Anticipating the wait for the next on in store. and gradually watching the car come together over time. All the while, Posting pics of the gradual change of the car and performance gains for everyone to see the stages and process of everything you have done.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[/b]
Exactly!!!! This is my feeling. I look forwrd to having work to do on saturdays when the old lady is working.
But back to my question guys and gals and suggestions on a order of these three installs to help me keep my car running correctly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts