Mazda 6 Forums banner
5101 - 5120 of 5122 Posts

· Registered
7,852 Posts

· Registered
7,852 Posts
Cincinnati Ohio has less than 320k people, and its the closest "big city".

· Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,625 Posts
I finally managed a headlight retrofit in time for the dark months.
Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 Bi-xenon with DDM ballasts (35W) and "fast-start" Ultra bulbs @ 4500K.
I also replaced the OEM lower fog lamps with Morioto XB LED's (70mm).
The improvement is beyond what I expected.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

· Registered
817 Posts
Reactions: DrFeelGood

· Registered
4,510 Posts
I finally managed a headlight retrofit in time for the dark months.
Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 Bi-xenon with DDM ballasts (35W) and "fast-start" Ultra bulbs @ 4500K.
I also replaced the OEM lower fog lamps with Morioto XB LED's (70mm).
The improvement is beyond what I expected.
View attachment 247388 View attachment 247390
I did that retro back when I had my 6. A good set of bulbs in the regular high beam positions, and you'll have the brights of the Gods!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,625 Posts
I did that retro back when I had my 6. A good set of bulbs in the regular high beam positions, and you'll have the brights of the Gods!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I was just thinking the same thing. The Bi-Xenon, with the solenoid cutoff is ridiculously bright (brighter than the 60w halogen high). If I put an LED in the high position I will undoubtedly have to be careful, as the lights already feel darn near weaponized.
Maybe I could find some side work with it by peeling the paint off of buildings undergoing restoration. :p

· Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
1,039 Posts
Got the Megan springs, my son always wanted to lower it but I was against. My SHO is lowered and I am not really a fan of the stiff bumpy ride, but it does look good.
Seller was a kid in his low 20's who had a heavily modified V6 wagon with fender flares and other stuff, said it used to be his track car. Never seen it on the road and I live in a relatively small town (400k people). Wonder if he is a member of this forum...
Will be installing them this week.
Megan Springs installed. Ride is not as bumpy as I was expecting.
My son is happier than ever.

BEFORE:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

AFTER:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Dents on doors and quarter panel are from an encounter my son had with a deer a couple years ago.

· Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
1,039 Posts
Megan Springs installed. Ride is not as bumpy as I was expecting.
My son is happier than ever.

BEFORE:
View attachment 247396

AFTER:
View attachment 247397

Dents on doors and quarter panel are from an encounter my son had with a deer a couple years ago.
Son keeps modding... still not sold on this tail light tint due to safety, not sure how visible lights are. Told him I'd drive behind him and see, otherwise peeling these and going with a lighter film.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

· Registered
7,852 Posts

· Registered
7,852 Posts
5101 - 5120 of 5122 Posts