Mazda 6 Forums banner

4981 - 4992 of 4992 Posts

·
Registered
17 Blue Reflex Mazda 6 Touring
28 Posts
Not being one to leave well enough alone, I pulled apart my console and gave a few trim pieces several coats of Blue Reflex to match the exterior. I'll put up a pic when I get it back together after the paint cures a bit more.

Anyone know how to remove the glossy black trim around the climate controls & cd player? So far I've not been able to sort it out... but when I do it'll be blue to.

Reactions: uyuarasy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the Blue Reflex console trim all buttoned back up and then discovered my battery died, so it also got a new battery today.

Also added paddle shifters to my Touring. Picked up a 2nd hand steering wheel from a Grand Touring on Ebay ($95) and swapped the back cover and wiring harness. Easier than expected. Can confirm that it really is plug & play.

Reactions: kufliclicks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I drilled some holes in my trunk...

So I could put on the spoiler I got for my birthday

Oh, yeah... I also swapped out the old factory door speakers with some Kickers. So much better! (Thank you Crutchfield) Haven't had a chance to swap the dash speakers yet, but soon.

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
96 Posts
Replaced the fuel filter yesterday, spent a couple of hours trying to remove the old screws from the plate, finally could get them with Dremel and an impact screwdriver...

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
I finally received the Injen SP6072BLK I ordered back in January (4 months ago). Straight forward install and only had to bend the transmission cooler bracket from 45 to 90 degrees in order to clear the filter. A few days driving and no CEL so fingers crossed. Only problem is I'm tempted to flog the motor much more than the old dog would prefer.
2004 Mazda 6s with Injen SP6072BLK.jpg

No mater what I did it was impossible to prevent the 45 degree elbow from contacting the battery. It's only a matter of time before it rubs a hole though. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
673 Posts
As some of you know, my 17YO son took possession of my old 6 (see pic in signature) some months ago.
Yesterday we went and got it a baby brother/sister....

This one is for my 20YO daughter, she is in 3rd year of Engineering and starts her internship on Monday and needed some wheels... this is her first car, took me more than four months to find a good GT with no accidents and within her budget, but its here ! Its a 2014 GT with white/black interior.

Drove it back home for about two hours, I have to say that I am very disappointed on the Bose audio, the front speakers distort with bass set at mid level, the Bose system in my gen I is 1000 times better than this one.
A few minor issues that I need to look into, the tail lamps that are on the trunk lid have moisture, the center console cover/lid seems to be broken (or the hinge) and rims are peeling but we were already thinking of painting them black.
I was also surprised that the mirrors don't have a memory function although the seat does and I really thought these vehicles came with reverse sonar. It does have BSM and lane assist.

She was super happy to see it when I got home with it and she loved it. That is what counts.

·
Registered
673 Posts
PM me the address and I'll pick it up... we can do the same with the other three... 😄

Reactions: TalonTsi90
4981 - 4992 of 4992 Posts