Mazda 6 Forums banner

4941 - 4960 of 4992 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've had it 4 weeks now and really enjoying it. My new fog light switch came in so the new fog lights work. Got the windows tinted b/c Florida. My Dad sent me a navigation sd card for Christmas. Did a full clay bar paint decontamination and polish then took some pics. View attachment 241844 View attachment 241843
I need to give my paint some love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Mazda6 GT Soul Red, CorkSport SRI and airbox, Goodyear Eagle. 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew cab
6 Posts
Just finished installing the CorkSport short ram intake and airbox. Also painted the engine cover to make it match!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
If that is the case, he might want the looks of that air filter.
I can think of much cheaper filters if all he wants is a blue one lol. Thats why i said "sorry" cause its the truth but i wasnt trying to shit on him. I just dont understand how people can fall for snake oil stuff like this i guess. Thats all CS sells from what research ive done into their products. But w/e :)

·
Super Moderator
17,906 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can think of much cheaper filters if all he wants is a blue one lol. Thats why i said "sorry" cause its the truth but i wasnt trying to shit on him. I just dont understand how people can fall for snake oil stuff like this i guess. Thats all CS sells from what research ive done into their products. But w/e :)
Some people just want the short ram intake sound. And to say that they have a CAI, even thought Mazda did pretty well with the stock intake box design.

Reactions: Speedster0621

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Some people just want the short ram intake sound. And to say that they have a CAI, even thought Mazda did pretty well with the stock intake box design.
You can get that just by pulling the snorkel off the front. Theres is one drawback and two benefits.... Drawback is more heat in the summer, but you get a pretty decent ram air effect when the air is cooler cause the opening is MUCH larger than the cold air snorkle. Its even more noticable with a K&N panel filter too.
I didn't know it makes a different sound.
Valve overlap baby. But see above.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I didn't know it makes a different sound.
OEM’s do a lot of research to quiet things down as much as possible. And that’s one reason around the monstrosity of an air box we have. I don’t know if you have seen one pulled out. It’s huge. But the short ram CAI gives a mid - low tone “growl” noise when part to full throttle and 80% of the people who buys a “CAI” don’t do it for performance. They do it for sound. Same thing for most people who buy axle backs. It’s adds hardly any HP, if any to be honest, but it satisfies our ears.

I’m going to do the Injen CAI (
), since 1, it’s a true CAI, 2, it just looks better and 3, it will make doing drain and fill tranny fluid changes a lot quicker.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I finally found some used Airlift Struts so I replaced my D2 Racing struts. But don’t worry. A local 3rd Gen 6 is about to get bagged since I also have a spare Airlift 3P setup.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda6 GT Soul Red, CorkSport SRI and airbox, Goodyear Eagle. 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew cab
6 Posts
Good combo of colors, too bad they didn't have a red one to match your car! - Good job painting the cover too....makes me realize mine is filthy.
They do have red and black colors but if I decide to add more CorkSport parts like a strut tower bar and rear sway bar, they all have blue so I thought I'd go blue. The paint for the cover was just a can I picked up at Advance Auto Parts and is suitable for plastics. You can easily remove the Mazda emblem as it is just glued however the Skyactiv is molded on so I had to cover it with masking tape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The stock air box outflows the motor to well over 9psi OVT says. Also, its only a efficient as the cold air bit. Its smaller than the MAF throat.
@TalonTsi90 you're trying to sound knowledgeable but you are not really making sense. BTW, I spent the money on CS because I have it and don't need to cut corners.

·
Registered
293 Posts
@TalonTsi90 you're trying to sound knowledgeable but you are not really making sense. BTW, I spent the money on CS because I have it and don't need to cut corners.
He often thinks he knows it all about everything but I have proven him wrong before and just ignore his posts 99% of the time.

Chris

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
According to a reputable tuner, OVT, you can put a turbo on the car, run it at 9spi and you wont gain anything by changing the stock airbox, because even with a turbo sucking air in at a higher volume than the motor itself, you cant outflow the stock airbox/K&N filter. Does that make more sense?

CS doesnt make anything in house. All im saying is you spent a LOT of money for a blue filter that doesnt flow anymore air than a K&N panel filter. BTW,i have the money too, but i prefer to actually spend mine on things that make a difference or are more in line with my goals for the car. ALL of my research shows CS products are more or less snake oil.

Edit: Sorry walked out of the house and left the edit on the pc. Regardless of my opinion, or fact, if you're happy with it that's what matters. I tend to lean towards normal conversational speech as if it's a back and forth and i guess that gets lost in the virtual enviro.
He often thinks he knows it all about everything but I have proven him wrong before and just ignore his posts 99% of the time.
No, i never think i know it all and show me proof that youve "proven me wrong"?

4941 - 4960 of 4992 Posts