Mazda 6 Forums banner

4901 - 4917 of 4917 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
Unfortunately need to take the external wastegate off again and change up the springs.. have the black and red paired up in there right now and it’s not opening fast enough to do it’s job.. supposed to be around 14psi on spring, but the gt30 is flying past that the second I get on it and spiking like a mad man, so I’m running head first into fuel cut to save my engine. I’m gonna take out the red and be sitting at 8psi for it to crack open, tune is set for cut at 21psi for now so hopefully between the Cobb EBCS and the EWG it’ll work out!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
721 Posts
Got my single exit exhaust installed finally!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Redrilled style 95’s looking good on the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
put my overboost issue and tuning on hold since I haven’t really been driving anywhere lately, and re-did my entire front end. Finally put it back together yesterday.

Think I’ll hit the grille with a couple more (even) coats of gloss and that will be the front end done...for now. ...still tempted to get that billet lower grille and paint it black... we will see! Next up I need to do some work on the rear end (only have one of the two exhaust shrouds, yay previous owner!!) so I need to continue to hunt down one, or pull them both and buy (or build) a diffuser to clean it all up... time will tell.

oh and one of these days I’ll get around to making a real build thread for this one 🤣

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
Annnd yes, it needs cleaning sooo bad. Front end is super clean and waxed, rest of the car is dusty and gross lol. Maybe after work I’ll go wash it.

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
Finally cleaned it

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
8 Posts

it’s been a long 50 hours or so lol
I was so excited & unable to sleep, but yesterday I got my wrecker treasure taken apart & salvaged nearly everything except the intercooler, hood, radiator & lights yada yada the obvious.
I’ll have to upload the videos I literally leg press that sumbitch off the uhaul transport haha

then proceed to work on gravel but hey I see the window I jump
Well worth every busted knuckle & swear word I could come up with.
My sweet old lady just trying to help & I realize how much like my father I am 😅

I didn’t know all that much, only because I haven’t had a real opportunity to nerd out & put my hands on it. Never had tools or time or a steep car payment way over my head, but I’ve waited nearly 10 years to hear my own BOV & sat on an accessport v3 for THREE YEARS & wow

all I can say, is “zen & the art of motorcycle maintenance” helped a lot.

broke the stock boost solenoid so I installed boost controller, AI, Cobb shift plate & weight, gfb respons BOV, (didn’t like the turbo smart) & did the boost gauge install, used the DREMEL to run the vacuum through the firewall

Finally installed auxiliary input
Replaced all the fuses & all that
Red Top battery
Installed accessport & updated got it registered & signed up for protuner pretty much just going crazy

It’s a dream come true, really.
nice to have something this fun & I just turned 28 & kinda figuring it all out y’know.
the forums & YouTube have been helpful & after everything I’ve done in the past couple days, I’d really like to get serious about tuning & providing local services for other enthusiasts.

anyway thanks for listening to my tedtalk!

tomorrow I tackle suspension, BC coilovers & cp-e manifold / full exhaust
Happiest I’ve been in a hot minute
Working, learning & collaborating feels nice after all the isolation & distancing lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
8 Posts
btw that’s 2 separate speed6
One is the lighter silver & the other is slightly darker
GT difference maybe ?
I’ve never felt this car drive so good after only the accessport
I won the lottery here 🥳

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
btw that’s 2 separate speed6
One is the lighter silver & the other is slightly darker
GT difference maybe ?
I’ve never felt this car drive so good after only the accessport
I won the lottery here 🥳
just reading those posts I am incredibly happy for you! Congrats on all the hard work!

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
Finally gave it some “Star Treatment” and did a little photo shoot. Here’s a handful I’ve had the chance to throw through Lightroom.

Let me know what you think!

... @Byakuya they still host 6OTM round here?? Lol been about 8 years since I last entered...

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Finally gave it some “Star Treatment” and did a little photo shoot. Here’s a handful I’ve had the chance to throw through Lightroom.

Let me know what you think!

... @Byakuya they still host 6OTM round here?? Lol been about 8 years since I last entered...
That first one could be on a magazine, well done sir! Time to healing brush those few marks though ;)

And unfortunately no :( - It's been done for about a year now because I simply wasn't getting enough interest each month, maybe 1 or 2 entries.

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
That first one could be on a magazine, well done sir! Time to healing brush those few marks though ;)

And unfortunately no :( - It's been done for about a year now because I simply wasn't getting enough interest each month, maybe 1 or 2 entries.
Good call, I don’t know why I didn’t think to fix my paint chips when I had the chance during editing haha! Shame about 6OTM but I’m not shocked, things are verrry quiet round here now-a-days.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
721 Posts
Brought the Mazda 6 and 40+ other Mazdas to a car meet! It was a great time to say the least :)

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed6
53 Posts
Sold my factory wheels, then found out the next morning that my “slow leak” is actually from an old repair that has failed on my wheels, annnnd there is a thing crack on the inner lip. To make it better I can’t find a replacement wheel anywhere! Yay... 😔

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sold my factory wheels, then found out the next morning that my “slow leak” is actually from an old repair that has failed on my wheels, annnnd there is a thing crack on the inner lip. To make it better I can’t find a replacement wheel anywhere! Yay...
View attachment 241442
Try eBay if you havnt looked already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
Finally hit 120k miles... got some routine maintenance done:
  • coolant flush
  • thermostat
  • water pump
  • tension pulley
  • drive belts
  • oil / filter change

At 120k, drive belts still looked good. Now in need of some new Conti's before winter hits.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4901 - 4917 of 4917 Posts