Mazda 6 Forums banner
4,881 - 4,900 of 5,271 Posts
MV Tuning Rear Diffuser installled on 2015 Mazda 6.

Toady I swapped out the stock non-folding mirrors on my 04 6 wagon to a folding pair I salvaged from an 07 Mazdaspeed 6. Special thanks to @waughoo for his step-by-step tutorial.

Brought my Mazda 6 to the track for a second time, here's a quick little recap!

A week ago I had a blowout on the highway doing 120km/h (~70mph) and put one of my winters on while looking for one single decent 215/50R17 tire to get me through the rest of the season; I had been planning on new summer tires next spring.

On my local Craigslist Saturday night I found a set of 4-18” OEM rims mounted with a set of nearly new 215/45R18 Cooper RS3-G1 high performance tires. Those tires on their own are about CA$700. They were posted for sale at the end of May for CA$350 so I offered CA$300 and he accepted. He even washed them before I got there to pick them up yesterday. I'll be putting them on as soon as it's not hotter than the surface of the sun outside.

(these are his Craigslist listing photos)

Reactions: Stewywht20
A week ago I had a blowout on the highway doing 120km/h (~70mph) and put one of my winters on while looking for one single decent 215/50R17 tire to get me through the rest of the season; I had been planning on new summer tires next spring.

On my local Craigslist Saturday night I found a set of 4-18” OEM rims mounted with a set of nearly new 215/45R18 Cooper RS3-G1 high performance tires. Those tires on their own are about CA$700. They were posted for sale at the end of May for CA$350 so I offered CA$300 and he accepted. He even washed them before I got there to pick them up yesterday. I'll be putting them on as soon as it's not hotter than the surface of the sun outside.

(these are his Craigslist listing photos)

View attachment 240565 View attachment 240566

The previous owner never replaced the ATF nor the filter, so yesterday morning we drained it and dropped the pan to put in a new one. Gave time to the silicone to harden, then today we've refilled it, ran the initial learning procedure and now it shifts far better (had a shift shock in 3rd and in reverse). Also it was time to replace the front brakes (disc + pads).

Grille shipped from China, decided not to go the honeycomb route. Fitment was not correct and I had to use a couple tap screws for the bottom lip of it, and alter my bumper for the grille to fit properly and closer to flush.

Well, I'm in the midst of a major power upgrade to my MS6. Right now at the moment, I'm working on the grille. I bought this product:

Except it is only available in chrome which just isn't right for this car. So, I had it powder-coated black. The pieces don't replace the stock grille and fog assemblies, they attach to them. Unfortunately. And, not a perfect fit either as for as the fogs go. But, I got Damond's power steering cooler and he said that it is helpful if you make the fog assembly be a real vent instead of a fake vent. He suggested carefully cutting the diamonds out of the plastic where it has the fake shape of vents. I just whacked giant holes in the stock fog assembly so that the new grille will flow air. But again, the new fog grilles fit real poorly but I will make them work.

Oh, and I'm considering (possibly) putting in an air oil cooler and removing the stock oil cooler connection to the radiator. If I do that, I will put it on the passenger side and thus I want real vent on the passenger side as well.

As far as the main center grille, I used a Dremel tool to basically cut the entire center. The new grille will get attached to the outer shell of the stock grill to attach it to the bumper. I don't want to show pictures yet as it isn't done.

Reactions: Archerfish
Here are some pictures:

Reactions: RevMedia
Did a photoshoot with a fellow 6 and a 4th Gen Mazda 3, it was fun and the photos came out really good!

Hosted a car meet and took a great Mazda group photo!

Vehicle Car Automotive design Mazda Sky

Reactions: RANERANE
Had some fun with some other Mazdas at a photoshoot!

Here’s a picture with the new wheels/tires. Still debating on going SLIGHTLY lower on the coilovers but it rides really nice right now so I might just keep it where it is - but stiffen then a little.

An hour or so after washing the car off there was a dust storm haha, typical!

I thought this was a good picture! And I removed the front under tray aero pieces that were scrapping everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man... I’ve been working on it almost every night for like the last week... rebuilt the external wastegate and reinstalled, rewired my 3-port EBCS. Then today finished adding some extra lights to my fog light bezels, bagels grille, and front lip. Been busy.. need to clean the car so bad so I can post some real pictures.

4,881 - 4,900 of 5,271 Posts