Mazda 6 Forums banner

4821 - 4839 of 4839 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
So, as the hollidays are upon us and the year is coming to the end, I'm finishing it off on a high note (I hope anyway lol) Years of planning and trial and error have paid off in the long run. For the longest time I've wanted a car that has breathing lights and it just so happens that the 6 was the perfect car for it. While there are some things that I need to work on, this proof of concept has work out great. I'm already looking towards the next build with better/brighter components. I have a lot of money and many hours into this build "just for headlights" some might say. To me it's well worth it to be able to not only stand out in the crowd but to be in front.

You may have seen the pics of the headlights but now you can truly see them in action. They are operated by a 4 channel wireless remote and it broken down as follows. A) Angel eyes (Not in video), B) Breathing, C) Car show mode with 29 different patterns, and D) Demon eyes.

I hope that you all enjoy the video!!

Have safe hollidays and a happy New Year everyone!!!

I'd definitely pay for a custom 1 of 1 headlight for my 3rd gen!

·
Registered
537 Posts
So, as the hollidays are upon us and the year is coming to the end, I'm finishing it off on a high note (I hope anyway lol) Years of planning and trial and error have paid off in the long run. For the longest time I've wanted a car that has breathing lights and it just so happens that the 6 was the perfect car for it. While there are some things that I need to work on, this proof of concept has work out great. I'm already looking towards the next build with better/brighter components. I have a lot of money and many hours into this build "just for headlights" some might say. To me it's well worth it to be able to not only stand out in the crowd but to be in front.

You may have seen the pics of the headlights but now you can truly see them in action. They are operated by a 4 channel wireless remote and it broken down as follows. A) Angel eyes (Not in video), B) Breathing, C) Car show mode with 29 different patterns, and D) Demon eyes.

Man, that is amazing! I got a slight headache as I dont have the capacity to begin to know how to make this from a concept to reality! Operates flawless. Perfect timing and sequence. Incredible job!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
No they make a washer fluid too, its a waste of money, its no better than a $.99 cent bottle.
Ok, I looked videos at rain-x repellent stuff that one you put direct to windshield and that looks working pretty effective,
but of course its dependence how long its stay on window is it waste of money or not.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a strobe function on the halos?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, i am new here and found this forum because i had some difficulties to mount a aftermarket chinese back up camera in my Mazda 6 Sportbreak. By searching and reading i had a lot of info and mixed it al together and now after a weekend it is working just fine. So that’s what i did to my Mazda this weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
20 litres to 100km sounds bad. I had same model and it takes about 10l for 100km semi driving(city/highway), but here are not traffic jams at all, dont know
do you have those down there, then it might takes like 20l per 100km, but not sure for that.
Make a test drive you car 100km on highway and look how much is consumption then and if its under 9-8l it runs normal.
Finally i figure out from where the fuel smell coming from 2 months ago since i get the mazda 6. Its fuel pump was leaking which is under rear seat and it is wasting fuel and making petrol smell around the car and inside the cabin as well. So just replace it and interior smell issue of fuel and around the car also the fuel consumption is improved as wasting of fuel is stopped. Now getting 9L/100kms ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally i figure out from where the fuel smell coming from 2 months ago since i get the mazda 6. Its fuel pump was leaking which is under rear seat and it is wasting fuel and making petrol smell around the car and inside the cabin as well. So just replace it and interior smell issue of fuel and around the car also the fuel consumption is improved as wasting of fuel is stopped. Now getting 9L/100kms ;)
Good thing that you got problem fixed. That 9L/100km, sounds normal, it is pretty much, but what you can do it, its old tech when compare skyactiv which consumption is like 6-7L/100km.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Good to know you finally got it right now.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a strobe function on the halos?
Thanks!! As far as the halos, at this time no. Beings that they CCFL rings they don't like to be turned on and off real fast for a long time. it would be a great way to destroy the drivers lol. Now it may be something that I do in the 2nd build but i would need different components for it to work in the long run.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So channel a is just on or off, or does it have any patterns? Maybe a strobe behind mazda badge haha. Im thinking video was mostly channel c with a bit of b and d. The breathing is awesome. Can you program sequences or are they set?

·
Registered
610 Posts
So channel a is just on or off, or does it have any patterns? Maybe a strobe behind mazda badge haha. Im thinking video was mostly channel c with a bit of b and d. The breathing is awesome. Can you program sequences or are they set?
yes, Chan A and D are on and off. B and C are effects. I can change both controllers but if I change the strobe controller to something different, it won't breathe but pulse. The chase controller patterns are set. I can change if I want a pattern there or not and how many times it does it before the next pattern but it was fine right out of the box. It is PIC based and I think that if I really wanted to I could change what the patterns do but it's fine for what I wanted.

The hardest part of all of this was to get all of the functions from the different controllers to work the same set of leds. This is where the relays and diodes (a lot of diodes lol) come in to play.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Found a console box that fits in '18+ model years, much cleaner. Almost no phone will fit flat plugged in but that is more of console width issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Whew, I had a busy week last week.

I took the week off work and decided to finally replace the suspension in my Speed 6. The previous owner had installed H&R lowering springs on stock shocks which I hated since I was scraping on everything, and I was getting some nasty noises from the rear which I was pretty sure was a sway bar endlink. In theory this isn't really a difficult job, in practice whoever installed it last used an impact wrench to install a lot of the bolts, and theirs apparently have more torque than mine. Thankfully I live in the south so rust isn't much of a problem.

I was running out of time so I didn't get 100% finished, but I got the front struts finished. Bilstein B6 struts, stock springs, new mounts, etc. Changed the FSB end links on one side, had to skip the other since the wrong part was in the box. I'll have to get the correct part and redo it later.

In the back I just swapped out the lowering springs with the stock springs. This was the point where I was running out of time, so I skipped the shock replacements for now. I also noted that the rear bump stops looked newish, but they were cut so I probably need some new ones. So I still need to go back and replace the rear shocks with the Bilsteins, swap out the rear bump stops, and replace those end links.

Man, what an unbelievable difference. The old setup handled pretty well but it really felt like crap and the noises were awful. Now the car is very smooth, and I no longer fear speed bumps or road imperfections. I haven't pushed it too hard since the front is noticeably stiffer than the rear, which can make a tight turn very interesting.

4821 - 4839 of 4839 Posts