Mazda 6 Forums banner

4801 - 4820 of 4842 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Took my 6 up to Lake Arrowhead and snapped some shots. The mountain was beautifully coated with snow and had perfect weather!

·
Registered
566 Posts
No pictures =

You might want to add that to your channel.
I don't have the photos on me right now because my friend who took them is editing them, but I am going to have a behind the scenes video on my channel this Friday!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ordered the airlift 3H height sensor upgrade.

And snapped a few fall foliage pictures. No good fall colors around here.
The car is looking great though!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
So far I changed the #5 coil on the car because she started running like ass on my wife last night. 5 mins and done lol. It's ok thought because now I'm working on all the signal wires for the headlights!! Shit just got real lol.

1575388511267.jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
1 more day and I should have everything done. I still need to mount the lower fogs and do the battery side of things. I can't wait to see these lit up. I'm just happy that she finally has the eyes that she deserves!! Once she has her black paint job, it will look that much better!!

1575409649980.jpg

1575409656078.jpg

Still more pics to come!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I see your Evil M and i raise you...

1576451684147.jpg

1576451688847.jpg

1576451692036.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Dropped my ride height 1/2 an inch in the front since the rear was looking lower over the weekend. She's sitting pretty now finally :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just finished up my wiring for the integrated fog lamp on my Mk1 Mazda 6.
Do you remember what was in the place of the fog light in your stock lights? I'd like to get another set of lights for parts or rebuild. I'm thinking I should be able to just swap my headlight guts into a better set of buckets and lenses and if I can get a set with or without the fogs and move everything over then it should be an easy fix.

·
Rally Racer
2,212 Posts
Do you remember what was in the place of the fog light in your stock lights? I'd like to get another set of lights for parts or rebuild. I'm thinking I should be able to just swap my headlight guts into a better set of buckets and lenses and if I can get a set with or without the fogs and move everything over then it should be an easy fix.
Sure Ray, it was a plastic bit. Easiest install ever. I could not however get the factory wiring to cross over from the dealer installed lower fogs. Wiring was rerouted in the fuse box and when I tried to jumper it there was some weird back wire energizing that ended up frying one of my HID ballasts.
I wired a new wire through the firewall and connected my Protoge fog switch the the headlamp fogs through an auxiliary relay.

Attached Fog photos (with and without fog lamps installed)
Hope it helps.

PS = I am not sure if I mentioned it to you but be careful with forward facing red lights. In many states this is reserved only for law/emergency vehicles (blue as well) when on a public roadway.

Looks wicked though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sure Ray, it was a plastic bit. Easiest install ever.
PS = I am not sure if I mentioned it to you but be careful with forward facing red lights. In many states this is reserved only for law/emergency vehicles (blue as well) when on a public roadway.

Looks wicked though.
Thank you so much!! It looks as if I can just grab any pair and build them/use parts.

The demon eyes will only be on for show. I built the indicator array and have it installed where the tape deck insert is on the radio to show if they are on or not. I had planned on being in my 1st car show on the 14th but missed having everything working by 2 days but still made my deadline of having it operational before Christmas. The red color while they are off is just paint and SHOULD be legal beings that it's just paint. I want to say that there were a few projectors from factory with blue shields and even blue tinted lenses.

I must say that your wires look absolutely stellar compared to what was inside of one of my headlights. I had to use friction tape and rtv on each and every wire on the drivers side smh.

1576790612110.jpg

Thanks once again!! I'll hit up the yard in the new year and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So, as the hollidays are upon us and the year is coming to the end, I'm finishing it off on a high note (I hope anyway lol) Years of planning and trial and error have paid off in the long run. For the longest time I've wanted a car that has breathing lights and it just so happens that the 6 was the perfect car for it. While there are some things that I need to work on, this proof of concept has work out great. I'm already looking towards the next build with better/brighter components. I have a lot of money and many hours into this build "just for headlights" some might say. To me it's well worth it to be able to not only stand out in the crowd but to be in front.

You may have seen the pics of the headlights but now you can truly see them in action. They are operated by a 4 channel wireless remote and it broken down as follows. A) Angel eyes (Not in video), B) Breathing, C) Car show mode with 29 different patterns, and D) Demon eyes.

I hope that you all enjoy the video!!

Have safe hollidays and a happy New Year everyone!!!

4801 - 4820 of 4842 Posts