Mazda 6 Forums banner

4781 - 4800 of 4809 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yesterday I vacuum tinted all of the halos including the 1st set that I had posted. I redid them because I had gotten much better after doing 8 more lol. Anyway, the table works great and the process is extremely smooth compared to the traditional way of tinting them by hand. I was able to do all 10 halos in about 2 hours vs spending 30-60 mins on each one. I also finished up the indicator panel for the interior of the car. All wires are ran from the trunk to the engine bay and the only thing left for me to do is to build the lights and do the wet side of the connections (waterproof connectors in the engine bay) I will meet my deadline!!

Comparison shots of tinted vs non.
1570804853840.jpg

1570804858468.jpg

And then the work I did for the indicator panel. This is the stock radio tape deck insert plate.
1570880825565.jpg

1570880828161.jpg

1570880831240.jpg

1570880834111.jpg

I could have spent more time body working the panel but it's fine for now just to get everything up and running. I can always make another when I'm not on a time crunch.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ordered a set of Yokohama Advan Sports for the ride. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 have given up the ghost after only 27,000mi on them. Very disappointing. However, with the warranty pro-rate, the new Yokos will only cost me $500 out the door. Sadly, I could only pro-rate three because I had to replace one last month due to road hazard. Otherwise, would have only cost $400 to replace all four.

Tried the Conti DWS06 before and they were good but were toast at 35K. Tried the Michelins and final verdict is they're overpriced. We'll see how well the Yokos do the next couple of years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. This is my first comment here. I cleaned throttle body of my one week old purchased used Mazda 6 2006 model. The car in intial giving very bad millage on fuel. It is drinking fuel like its hummer engine. But after replacing air filter and cleaning the throttle body it improves a bit. Please guide me how to improve it more. Currently it is giving 20 liters per 100 km in city drive. Btw its 2.0 liter automatic transmission.

Before cleaning

After Cleaning

·
Registered
24 Posts
20 litres to 100km sounds bad. I had same model and it takes about 10l for 100km semi driving(city/highway), but here are not traffic jams at all, dont know
do you have those down there, then it might takes like 20l per 100km, but not sure for that.
Make a test drive you car 100km on highway and look how much is consumption then and if its under 9-8l it runs normal.

·
Registered
762 Posts
So those of you who know me, my original 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (affectionately called "HEXARI") was totaled in 2017, and I went out to find one just like it...and I did, sort of. My replacement is also a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring but didn't have the wing or the fog lights (such is life), but had almost 60K fewer miles, which was a PLUS! So here's "N3XUS" with his 1st MAJOR Modification!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi. This is my first comment here. I cleaned throttle body of my one week old purchased used Mazda 6 2006 model. The car in intial giving very bad millage on fuel. It is drinking fuel like its hummer engine. But after replacing air filter and cleaning the throttle body it improves a bit. Please guide me how to improve it more. Currently it is giving 20 liters per 100 km in city drive. Btw its 2.0 liter automatic transmission.
Cleaning the MAF sensor and new spark plugs would likely help as well and those are cheap fixes. Also, make sure tire pressure is correct.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Over the weekend I finally decided to replace the old valve cover gasket in the Mazdaspeed, which is more of a pain than it should be with the intercooler in the way. The old one was hard as a rock coming out and there was crap all in the plug wells. Cleaned out the gunk, replaced the gasket, put in new spark plugs and she's running smooth as butter now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Saturday I changed out the Optima red top for a new Duracell group 31 AGM. The red top was given to me for free almost a year ago used. It worked for the most part but had it's limits. With me about to have a light show on the front end and the rear later, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of battery to run them for a few hours and still be able to start the car.

1573474726586.jpg

1573474797896.jpg

1573474741737.jpg

Now it's not a perfect install. I still need to build a small deck for it to sit on so it can slide into the cubby a little better as well as some wiring clean up. I will also make a cover for it so it will look a little more "factory". I had to cut some of the trunk liner away for it to be able to sit flat due to the 1/4 padding. My main concern was just getting it in and up and running for my wife to be able to drive it to work. So far the car has never started better since we have owned it!!

A slight bass demo after the install had the rearview mirror dancing like there was no tomorrow. I ran the audio hard for about 5 mins with the car running, shut the car off, and instantly started the car back up with no issues. Before I would have to turn the audio down and let the car run for a min or 2 without the audio load then turn it off. If I didn't do this, it would be slow to start.

I got the Duracell from Sam's for a good price. It was cheaper going with the g31 than getting a yellow top. Some people in the car audio world have been running these cheap g31 batteries for 3.5+ years without issues. I'm just happy to finally be in the group 31 owners club 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jacked the Speed up to do a routine oil change, while I was under there I had a funny feeling and popped off the transmission fill plug to check the fluid level. Extremely low, crap. And nobody in town sells the appropriate GL-4 fluid that I need. Oh well, at least the seal that is the likely culprit is only $8, but it's kind of a pain to replace. I thought I had a slight oil leak that I was planning on tackling sometime but I guess it was transmission gear oil instead of engine oil.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Saturday I changed out the Optima red top for a new Duracell group 31 AGM. The red top was given to me for free almost a year ago used. It worked for the most part but had it's limits. With me about to have a light show on the front end and the rear later, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of battery to run them for a few hours and still be able to start the car.

View attachment 238398
What in the jankiness... After seeing your prototyping id expect a LOT better.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What in the jankiness... After seeing your prototyping id expect a LOT better.
Now it's not a perfect install. I still need to build a small deck for it to sit on so it can slide into the cubby a little better as well as some wiring clean up
The fuse box is broken so held by tape for now, the wires will be cleaned up once I have the battery sitting better. It's held down by a strap that is bolted to the car and does not move!!

For getting the beast in there and running, I'd say I'm off to a good start. I didn't have all day to work on it and was sick all day yesterday. The lining was going to get replaced anyway due to the previous owners spilling stuff all in the back.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did a quick comparison shot of "N3XUS" beside my neighbor's Jaguar XE. The Jag's a little wider, and lower (maybe because of the size of the wheels and the suspension), however, I must say the 6 holds up quite nicely in this comparison (imho).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Did a quick comparison shot of "N3XUS" beside my neighbor's Jaguar XE. The Jag's a little wider, and lower (maybe because of the size of the wheels and the suspension), however, I must say the 6 holds up quite nicely in this comparison (imho). View attachment 238445
My brother once said that it has a similar design. When I saw one with the similar color of my car, it somehow looked similar indeed!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just received my Godspeed Mono SS Coilovers for my 6, will be installing soon.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'll just leave these right here. More pics to come. :cool:
1575290813374.jpg

1575290810363.jpg

4781 - 4800 of 4809 Posts