Mazda 6 Forums banner

4761 - 4780 of 4783 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed a powered subwoofer in my 2017 Grand Touring, using the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 harness. Everything works perfectly and the powered sub adds a nice bit of low-end to the factory Bose system, so I'm now able to turn down the bass level in my sound controls - feels like I got some of the mid-range back and I don't have to crank up the volume just to get some bass.

A few things I'm still playing around with:
  • Adjusting the sub settings for best sound
  • Location: right now it is (almost) under the driver's seat but the fit is really tight. I may end up relocating this to the trunk.
  • Finding a better ground location - I think I've located a good spot under the center console
  • Now that the low-end is better, it might be time to replace my dash speakers. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Was it difficult to remove the plastic sill plates or did they come off easily?
Pulling off the plastic strip took a little bit of effort to get started but once you get enough of the edge up to grab hold, just pull it off. The more difficult part was removal of the double-sided tape from the door sill. I tried several removal methods (unsuccessfully) before going with an eraser wheel like this one:

Eraser Wheel

You will need a corded electric drill. Generally, a battery powered drill will not be powerful enough. The tape is too thick and the motor will heat up and cut off (at least my 20v did). Once you get the hang of it, you can remove the tape pretty easily and quickly. You just need to be careful and use the recommended drill speed on the eraser (4000 rpm) to avoid burning the paint. You can pre-soak the tape with WD-40 to soften it up.

View this video to get an idea of how to use the eraser wheel.
How to use an eraser wheel

Once you have removed the tape, use Goo Gone to remove any left over residue.

Also, I strongly recommend you drape a plastic drop cloth over the door and interior. The shavings will go everywhere and this will save you significant clean up time.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Purchased the evil M symbol to put on my 6 on Saturday.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yesterday I finished up the control board for the soon to be Angel/Demon eyes in the headlights. I've spent 2 1/2 weeks on this to try and get everything to work correctly with each other. The LED array used is a 10 channel array that I built and will be located in the car to show off what the headlights are doing. Plus if I see it on in the cab then I know not to drive yet 🤣

1569249569398.jpg

The functions are:
A: Angel eyes (soon to come)
B: Breathing
C: Crazy
D: Demon eyes on/off

Here is a quick video demo of the control board and wireless remote in action!

Now to build the housing for it and get to the install. :cool:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Installed the evil m badge on saturday, a bit tedious but worth it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
How did you install it? Only on trunk? Or front and back emblems?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just on the trunk, I still have to figure out what I'm doing for the front! Install was fairly easy, remove pins and rub off the glue on the emblem.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Did the new emblem have pins?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
No, the new badge is essentially taped over the original holes. I will have an installation video on it soon!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Got the 3p electronics installed. The bags will go on this weekend.

Also got a rockchip this morning on my way to work. Patched it with a windshield repair kit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just remembered about that lol... Just baught it off eBay thanks bud haha
Haha got you! If you need help with installation I have a youtube video on it!

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Today was a productive day both on the Mazda and life and it was due to the Mazda!! I am so stoked about this everyone!! So for the Mazda, I'm getting the last little bit ready for my retrofit build. I needed to tint the halo rings so I started in on them. For life, there were ways to do it by misting paint or spending hours trying to form the tint around the rings and having nasty looking cuts around them. I have come up with a quick and more professional way to do the tinting.

Everyone, meet the world's 1st vacuum tinting table!!
1570737636237.jpg

It's made like any other vacuum table out there however for the top, I used a PCB proto board. It measures about 8" x 12" give or take. The results are absolutely stellar for a 1st run. I posted this to some of the lighting groups out there and they are loving it! I'm sure with a little bit more practice, I could have this down to a T.

Anyway, enjoy some more pics!! I can't wait to have everything ready to do the headlight build and put my name on the map!!

1570737639516.jpg

1570737641990.jpg

1570737645390.jpg

1570737652726.jpg

1570737648384.jpg

1570737650559.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Today was a productive day both on the Mazda and life and it was due to the Mazda!! I am so stoked about this everyone!! So for the Mazda, I'm getting the last little bit ready for my retrofit build. I needed to tint the halo rings so I started in on them. For life, there were ways to do it by misting paint or spending hours trying to form the tint around the rings and having nasty looking cuts around them. I have come up with a quick and more professional way to do the tinting.

Everyone, meet the world's 1st vacuum tinting table!!
View attachment 238009

It's made like any other vacuum table out there however for the top, I used a PCB proto board. It measures about 8" x 12" give or take. The results are absolutely stellar for a 1st run. I posted this to some of the lighting groups out there and they are loving it! I'm sure with a little bit more practice, I could have this down to a T.

Anyway, enjoy some more pics!! I can't wait to have everything ready to do the headlight build and put my name on the map!!

View attachment 238010
View attachment 238011
View attachment 238012
View attachment 238013
View attachment 238014
View attachment 238015
Now that's thinking outside of the box! Work smarter, not harder!

I dont knownif you post at HIDPlanet.com but that is where I learned all of retrofit knowledge.

My 2 builds are Eye Can Sea for my 93 Mazda Protege and 2007 GMC Yukon SLT D2S 4.0 retrofit, for my well, 07 GMC SLT, lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Now that's thinking outside of the box! Work smarter, not harder!

I dont knownif you post at HIDPlanet.com but that is where I learned all of retrofit knowledge.

My 2 builds are Eye Can Sea for my 93 Mazda Protege and 2007 GMC Yukon SLT D2S 4.0 retrofit, for my well, 07 GMC SLT, lol.

I do post over there from time to time but the forum isn't what it use to be like back in the day. It's annoying on how you have to post pics, even when posting, it makes the text block hard to type anything after. I'm on the fb groups though. I'll have to check out your builds though! That's where I was 1st learning all of this so I'll stop by there.

4761 - 4780 of 4783 Posts