Mazda 6 Forums banner

4741 - 4760 of 4798 Posts

Registered
Lmfao!! Love the pic of the hammer next to the starter. Such an essential tool for changing starters out 不 不 不
That is the only way sometimes, bro! If all else fails; use a bigger hammer! But seriously, this thing is less than 2 years old from RockAuto and started grinding on me. Pretty frustrating. This time around I just went ahead and upgraded the wires from the negative side of the battery to the starter case/transmission.

As far as the headliner goes, as a heads up, the spray may not work. The headliner will have to be removed and the fabric replaced. There is a foam that will need to be scraped off for best adhesion. You can try it and if the spray that you have works, please let us know because I know mine is due to be redone.(y)
Yeah, I think after reading up on the fixes for the headliner, the only true way is to remove it completely.

Registered
What I should do to my 6 today:

Clean it, I went to the beach 2 weekends straight and now it looks like it's been in a sandstorm in the interior and the exterior looks like I went off-roading.

Registered
Test fitted and mocked up the 444's and the tank for the air ride. I can still fit the subwoofer, stroller and maintain the terrible half spare.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
I hope you don't mind telling us the whole story. How did it happen that you needed a complete engine replacement?
I have the 2018 mazda 6 touring with 20k miles on the odo. Since past couple of months, I was getting this odd steam / light colored smoke from under the hood even within 3-4 mile drive to work place. I got it checked from Mazda dealer and was sent away as there were no oil spills or visible space. I monitored it for any sweet burning smell ( steering fluid/coolant burning ) and the temperature and fluid levels. Last week, I took my car for regular servicing at Piazza Mazda and told them about the issue ( also that I had been here earlier to get it checked, and was sent away as everything was good ) , propped up the car and it was clear that there was a small oil leak from behind the cylinder. The oil leak was dime sized. They called up Mazda QA and were given a green signal to replace the engine under warranty. They had 2 options, either change the gasket but weren't sure if that would resolve the issue or change the engine.
Below are the part numbers which were replaced. I paid $12.33 for tire rotation, all the other fluids were taken care of with the new engine.
I essentially got a new car after driving around for 20k miles. :cool:

Part Number Description
PE02-13-252 Grommet
BBM4-61-J17 RING, O -C
GJ6E-61-J19 RING, O -N
PYZC-02-300 ENGINE
8PY3-02-310 GASKET SET
1WPE-14-302 CARTRIDGE
0000-77-508E-20 COOLANT
PY01-13-460 GASKET, EXH

Registered
I have the 2018 mazda 6 touring with 20k miles on the odo. Since past couple of months, I was getting this odd steam / light colored smoke from under the hood even within 3-4 mile drive to work place. I got it checked from Mazda dealer and was sent away as there were no oil spills or visible space. I monitored it for any sweet burning smell ( steering fluid/coolant burning ) and the temperature and fluid levels. Last week, I took my car for regular servicing at Piazza Mazda and told them about the issue ( also that I had been here earlier to get it checked, and was sent away as everything was good ) , propped up the car and it was clear that there was a small oil leak from behind the cylinder. The oil leak was dime sized. They called up Mazda QA and were given a green signal to replace the engine under warranty. They had 2 options, either change the gasket but weren't sure if that would resolve the issue or change the engine.
Below are the part numbers which were replaced. I paid $12.33 for tire rotation, all the other fluids were taken care of with the new engine.
I essentially got a new car after driving around for 20k miles. :cool:

Part Number Description
PE02-13-252 Grommet
BBM4-61-J17 RING, O -C
GJ6E-61-J19 RING, O -N
PYZC-02-300 ENGINE
8PY3-02-310 GASKET SET
1WPE-14-302 CARTRIDGE
0000-77-508E-20 COOLANT
PY01-13-460 GASKET, EXH
@GTEyes
I know this isn't your issue but if you are still under warranty and "replicate" this...

Registered
Holy crap, i figured no one would care its my 3 since you can do this to your 6 lol. What. A. Difference...

Old T10 bulb, not sure if its Cree or not like advertised

New T15

Comparison
Left one swapped

Both swapped

With running lights

Its a bummer they dont quite match the license bulbs which are the first ones, but id rather have them not match and be able to see for the little bit they will actually be on or seen. Looks almost like driving lights behind me lol.

Registered
It was done yesterday in the morning, but I swapped the OEM resonator with a much smaller one in order to create a deeper exhaust tone and increase exhaust level!

Registered
Hitting milage milestones.

For reference, I purchased april 2018 with 53k.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
4741 - 4760 of 4798 Posts