Mazda 6 Forums banner

4721 - 4740 of 4761 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replaced Reverse Lights with LEDs. Gave her a bath: foam cannon and then hand wash with some Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss. I was planning on finishing with wax, but it started sprinkling on me. Still looks good even after the little bit of rain.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Today I visited my go-to wrecker to pick up a front turn signal lamp holder and ended up leaving with a set of black-bezel factory HID headlights instead. They're in mid-wet sand right now and will be cleared and installed tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the Shifter Switch on my '14 6 that was having the not-registering-the-car-is-in-park issue Also swapped out all the headlights (low beam and high beam) with Katana LEDs. Took it out for a drive tonight, and they look good - a nice, bright, white with a hint of blue. I'll have to do some testing to see if they need to be adjusted or if there is any glare.

One thing I noticed is the check engine light was on after I swapped the headlights and got everything put back together. I ran a code test and it was the Intake Air Temperature Sensor.

I took off the lid of the OEM air intake box to get to the driver side bulbs - and evidently the intake temp sensor didn't like the inside of the box being exposed to 100* heat for a few hours (I took a lunch break in between). I got back in the car later after dark and the check engine light was off, but I will keep an eye on it. I plan to replace it with a CosrSport SRI soon anyway.

More coming this week: new windshield tomorrow (thanks to a rock chip that has spread all over the place), tint later this week, and hopefully installing the fog lights / led bulbs next weekend.

The stripped down center console/shift module:

The defective switch:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Today was a huge victory after a long battle with my 1st gen getting it ready for a 1500+ mile round trip with the family. I can say the she is finally ready for the trip.

To celebrate the huge relief, this is how the wife and I spent our afternoon and evening together.

I have a kick ass wife and she had fun. I'll have a reveal pic later after we clean them up a bit.:grin2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Small photo shoot before vacation.

Just some pics of her new look before we take it on vacation. I dig the look that's coming together. I didn't even give her a bath. It looks like it's about to rain for the 3rd time today anyway so we will ride dirty lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just ordered another round of parts towards my retrofit. 1 more good round and I should have everything I need. Last on the list is D2S bulbs, New H3C bulbs, Projectors, and about 75 feet of 12 conductor multi strand wire. Hopefully very soon I can order it all up and get everything installed. Then I can work on the rear of the car lol.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just order the Aitlift 3P kit for my 3rd gen. 2 viair 444cs and d3 racing air coilover kit will round it out.

Its my DD, so it will only be down for 1 day while installing the coilover bag kit.

The rest will be installed as I get the chance throughout the next few months.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just filmed a little walkthrough of my build so far on my 2015 Mazda 6. I got a sweet exhaust clip which made me smile from ear to ear!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed the Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Sway Bar over the weekend, and am loving the added handling performance. It pairs nicely with the Tanabe Strut Tower Brace.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The path to epicness!!

1566676509289.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nothing major, just put on the updated 2020 sticker onto my car LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Complete rebuild of front and rear suspension. 200 thousand miles on the stock parts. Previous owner couldn't figure out why it was trashing a set of tires every 5 thousand miles.
15667559142694426608149720227118.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nothing too serious. Getting ready to move from Ohio to Arizona in a few days, and decided to install a new starter and properly ground it to the negative battery terminal. Change out the spark plugs. And hopefully, later today, do a full coolant flush. Just the basic services, I guess. Also: later on want to try and fix the super annoying, saggy roof liner with some adhesive spray I recently bought. I hope everyone else is doing well this week!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Also: later on want to try and fix the super annoying, saggy roof liner with some adhesive spray I recently bought. I hope everyone else is doing well this week!
Lmfao!! Love the pic of the hammer next to the starter. Such an essential tool for changing starters out 🤣 🤣 🤣

As far as the headliner goes, as a heads up, the spray may not work. The headliner will have to be removed and the fabric replaced. There is a foam that will need to be scraped off for best adhesion. You can try it and if the spray that you have works, please let us know because I know mine is due to be redone.(y)

4721 - 4740 of 4761 Posts
About this Discussion
4.8K Replies
422 Participants
blackngold75
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing