Mazda 6 Forums banner

4701 - 4720 of 4761 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Day 2: Yesterday I finished up the trans cooler and filter install and started working on my horns. An issue came up where one of the horns were only working at times. Plus I needed to relocate them anyway because I need the room down where they were :grin2:.

20190611_080950.jpg

1560254337061.jpg

20190611_081039.jpg

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Took the ride down to get the 15K service done. They recommended a cabin filter (at 15K) and wanted $63 for it. Yeah, I'll just drop by O'Reilly and get it for $25. Probably a better filter at O'Reilly anyhow.

While I was there I spied both a 2019 Mazda 3 sedan and hatch. The sedan looks great and even has fog lights. They can't do this for a 6 but they can for a 3? However, the 3/4 perspective on the hatch looks even worse in person than on paper.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Day 2: Yesterday I finished up the trans cooler and filter install and started working on my horns. An issue came up where one of the horns were only working at times. Plus I needed to relocate them anyway because I need the room down where they were :grin2:.
How did you end up mounting the trans cooler? Can't quite make it out in your photo.
I used those through radiator plastic ones...but I'm not a huge fan.

·
Registered
434 Posts
How did you end up mounting the trans cooler? Can't quite make it out in your photo.
I used those through radiator plastic ones...but I'm not a huge fan.
Sadly cable ties at the moment there is 1 on each of the lower cross bars . I spent a couple of hours stalled on the install due to it. There really isn't much to bolt to with all of the plastic. When I have the engine out sometime next year I'm going to rivet some metal at some places for better mounting solutions.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The working spree has continued. This one took me a few days but just got it done tonight. I even had a helper at 1 point :grin2:

Here is before the wiper mods and cowl refresh

Here it sits as of right now!! So much better. I will soon delete the hood squirters from the hood and fill in the holes.

It may not be for everyone but I dig it!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Sadly cable ties at the moment there is 1 on each of the lower cross bars . I spent a couple of hours stalled on the install due to it. There really isn't much to bolt to with all of the plastic. When I have the engine out sometime next year I'm going to rivet some metal at some places for better mounting solutions.
I know exactly what you mean. Plastic core support makes a bit more difficult. Cable ties/tie straps seems to be holding up for now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Changed out all the rotors and brake pads. I’m using these power stop performance pads since I’m tracking on the 29th

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just did a brake bleed/flush on my 6! Took about an hour doing each corner at a time.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My work spree has been non stop. Since my last post, I fixed a broken cable inside my door as well as replaced the door panel that I ripped in two.

I installed a ceiling mount monitor. Sadly I didn't have time to redo the headliner before the install before our vacation next month. The kids will love it regardless.

And today I heat set some modified corner brackets into the front bumper and added some solid core copper wire to hold the fog bezels into place better.

I'll finish up the 20 straight days this weekend by running the wires to the protege fog switch and down to the lower fogs. I still need to come up with mounting brackets for the projectors but I'm close.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yesterday was the final day of my work spree. I needed to have the car drivable for the 4th of July. Taking the next few days to clean the shop.

It was a productive day. I trimmed off the center mounting tabs from the front bumper so the new mesh would sit flush and heat set coated paper clips into the bumper to hold the radioactive mesh.

Then I made some brackets to mount onto the inner part of the crash bar to hold my HID ballasts.

To finish it up, I added a Mazda grill badge that lights up when my lights are on and extended the side marker wires in prep for a quick release bumper system so I can drop the bumper for a service mode.

All and all I'm extremely happy with what all I got done on the car in the past 20 days. Still have a lot more to do but it's ok lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
@DJ Raydiate looks really good, I’ve been plugging away at mine since the 6th the goal is to have it back down on its own 4 wheels before tomorrow morning and have all the loose ends tied up by Friday, still waiting on one more thing to show up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tracked my 3rd Gen 6 at Streets of Willow yesterday. Extremely fun and learned a lot about my driving and the car!

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
@DJ Raydiate looks really good, I’ve been plugging away at mine since the 6th the goal is to have it back down on its own 4 wheels before tomorrow morning and have all the loose ends tied up by Friday, still waiting on one more thing to show up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!! I can't wait to see the reveal!.

And Thanks! I still have a long way to go but it's coming along.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took delivery last Monday, but had to immediately go on a work trip so haven't driven it since bringing it home.

But the weekend's given me a chance to get comfortable in it and get it setup for daily duty next week. Other than getting all the settings set the way I like I got my dash cam installed. Just did it super simple this go around, ran the wire into the center console and with a very tiny cut in the console the dash cam plugs into the factory USB next to my phone plug and no cords are otherwise visible. I'm a happy camper :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
New member here. I have been slacking on my 2014 6 Touring JBM. I've got a whole list of things that are in the works.

Yesterday: replaced the cabin air filter (it was nasty), replaced all the interior lights with LEDs, and added some wiper fluid
Today: replacing windshield wipers, filling up brake fluid (sitting a little above MIN), replacing trunk and license plate lights with LEDs

Up next: Replacing cracked windshield, Window Tint (30% front/20% back), and replacing the AT Shifter Switch (I am having the issue of the power not completely turning off when I press the start/stop button). The part should be here today, and I hope to replace it over the weekend.

On the horizon: Morimoto Fog Light Addition (deciding between buying the OEM housings or buying aftermarket housings with the chrome eyebrows), headlight bulb upgrades (trying to decide which ones to go with - maybe GE Nighthawk Platinum?), and possible a CorkSport SRI (if nothing else, it will make the headlight bulbs easier to get to).

·
Registered
491 Posts
New member here. I have been slacking on my 2014 6 Touring JBM. I've got a whole list of things that are in the works.

Yesterday: replaced the cabin air filter (it was nasty), replaced all the interior lights with LEDs, and added some wiper fluid
Today: replacing windshield wipers, filling up brake fluid (sitting a little above MIN), replacing trunk and license plate lights with LEDs

Up next: Replacing cracked windshield, Window Tint (30% front/20% back), and replacing the AT Shifter Switch (I am having the issue of the power not completely turning off when I press the start/stop button). The part should be here today, and I hope to replace it over the weekend.

On the horizon: Morimoto Fog Light Addition (deciding between buying the OEM housings or buying aftermarket housings with the chrome eyebrows), headlight bulb upgrades (trying to decide which ones to go with - maybe GE Nighthawk Platinum?), and possible a CorkSport SRI (if nothing else, it will make the headlight bulbs easier to get to).
The morimoto led fog lights are wonderful. I have a 14 GT with HID and they still make a huge difference. With halogen it will be HUGE. Even on my Yukon with the mini d2s headlight upgrade and Morimoto units help a ton with foreground and width.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to Mazda ownership since May and new to the forum.

Had the front side windows tinted a few weeks ago, and installed a few LED bulbs over the past weekend: license plate, courtesy door lights, and reverse lights.

4701 - 4720 of 4761 Posts
About this Discussion
4.8K Replies
422 Participants
blackngold75
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing