Mazda 6 Forums banner

4261 - 4280 of 4763 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Updated my AIO!

Not sure I like the new background and the yellow writing.... going to play with the colors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nice! Is that Android software linked to your phone? I hope Mazda releases an official Apple Carplay someday.
Just hook up the phone to one of the USB ports and Android Auto launches automatically. It is working at about 95% as there are still some bugs in it. I finally updated it as the developers finally got it working nicely with bluetooth now.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Just finished a LARGE mod to my 04 MTX 6 Wagon. Swapped out the interior trim parts to full piano black Speed6 trim. This included the later radio, cup holder, shift bezel, door threshold strips, dead pedal, clutch and brake pedals, and accelerator pedal, full door panel swap and rewiring all of the doors and some of the body harness to allow the full auto switches to work in my 04 car. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I plan to do a write up on the process at some point, but until then, here's a video for you. Let me know what you think! Thanks to @jhill1977 for the inspiration and ground work to show it could be done.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Brake pulsation is getting more annoying. I’m going to have to change out those rotors soon. There’s a new set of front rotors waiting back in Wisconsin, but I won’t be going back for the rest of my stuff for a couple of weeks. Guess I’ll just live with the jiggle till then.

·
Registered
679 Posts
First thing I do with every new auto I buy, full paint correction.

Starts with a Gallon of warm water in the bucket, a cup of Dawn dishwashing detergent and a Clay Mitt. The Dawn works excellent as a lube for the clay as well as helping strip everything the mitt needs help with. Wash every inch of the car thoroughly including the windows and rims with the Dawn mixture using the clay mitt. Rinse well and repeat. Took about 3 hours....

Next (tomorrow morning) will be a Griot's Garage "fine" polishing compound buff out.

Will include some pics of this step... tomorrow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
NC Legal Tints and 70% front windshield.

Also my wheels finish are chipping. They may get plastipdipped charcoal grey later on with a metalizer top coat for a factory GT finish without being Touring Silver.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Clay bar, compound and waxed. Added some chameleon neochrome vinyl to headlights and emblem. Not sure I'm into it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Did the chameleon neochrome vinyl color your output at night? And where did you buy your film? It's a bunch of crap on the market.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did the chameleon neochrome vinyl color your output at night? And where did you buy your film? It's a bunch of crap on the market.

No noticible effect. A very slight hue shift. Fogs are a little more yellow. I just go some cheap stuff on Amazon. I ended up removing the headlight film and just kept fogs

·
Registered
496 Posts
No noticible effect. A very slight hue shift. Fogs are a little more yellow. I just go some cheap stuff on Amazon. I ended up removing the headlight film and just kept fogs

Ok. I kinda like the look and our headlights are kinda small and tucked, so it's not as noticeable, but I'll pass. Darn. Thank you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Got my HID harness all ran and installed a set in the lows for now until I can retrofit. While I had the bumper cover off, installed the sport bumper fogs, new mesh (I'll have to redo it) and clear side markers.
1525647062736.jpg
1525647070723.jpg
1525647067995.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got my 3D MAXpider floormats from Amazon. Took awhile, with the first being the wrong item (warehouse deal order), second being a non-existant item, and the third saying f-it, and just order a new set! A small discount for all the frustration did help the blow some.....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my 3D MAXpider floormats from Amazon. Took awhile, with the first being the wrong item (warehouse deal order), second being a non-existant item, and the third saying f-it, and just order a new set! A small discount for all the frustration did help the blow some.....
Those look nice. My '16 came with the Mazda rubbermats, but I like this design too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
just bough me a set of 20 x 10.5 Varrstoen L151 wheels for my third gen 6. All I need now is some tires........

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
4261 - 4280 of 4763 Posts
About this Discussion
4.8K Replies
422 Participants
Modzas6x
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing