Mazda 6 Forums banner

4241 - 4260 of 4782 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well 52,000 miles on the stock tires was it. Got a nail yesterday, wasn't even worth fixing it.

Bought the Continental DWS06's based upon all the good reviews. The stock Dunlop's tread wear were rated 360aaa... the dws06 are rated 560aaa. I should be able to get 70,000 miles out of them... or 2 years...lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You'll like these tires. I just put a set on my rx8 wheels on the wagon. A very big improvement in road noise and wet traction from the previous set.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I removed the add-on Sirius/XM Sat. radio.

I've been thinking about dropping it for a while now. While I like to listen to a couple of stations, it just doesn't seem worth the money they're asking. Plus, because I couldn't get a dedicated Sat radio in a manual touring, I had one of those little add-on units. I could never find a good spot for it that wasn't either in the way or awkward to get at.

I got in my car the other day and Sirius was on the "demo" channel. My old credit card attached to the account must has expired and they haven't been sending me any of those "we want you back" special deal letters. So...I pulled the little unit and taped up the cables and secured them under the center console. Done.

I'm going to try Pandora from my phone for a while and see how that works.

Here's a picture of the whole mess that I had shoved into the little arm rest cubby.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't spend time on the car enough to justify paying for radio lol just have the ipod and couple of USBs
I mostly just like some background music...jazz or classical stuff is fine. I’d even listen to the radio, but up here there aren’t a lot of choices. And it seems like most of the stations are owned by the same media companies. So you tend to hear the same music from the same playlists and the same commercials. It’s the commercials that get me crazy...same annoying crap over and over again.

·
Banned
886 Posts
I mostly just like some background music...jazz or classical stuff is fine. I’d even listen to the radio, but up here there aren’t a lot of choices. And it seems like most of the stations are owned by the same media companies. So you tend to hear the same music from the same playlists and the same commercials. It’s the commercials that get me crazy...same annoying crap over and over again.
buy more data on your phone and stream from spotify or pandora, it will be cheaper than sirius

·
Registered
674 Posts
buy more data on your phone and stream from spotify or pandora, it will be cheaper than sirius
Its not so much the data...its the cell service and being able to get a signal. I don't live in a city so I can't take things like cell coverage or internet access for granted.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Changed out axle half-shafts on my 04 6 Wagon MTX. Couldn't have done it without some help from a thread CanyonRider posted a few years ago with some pics and hints. Over the past few months I've done all the control arms and ball joints, shocks, springs, strut mounts and rear wheel bearings as time and weather allowed. The front bearings are still okay as are the tie rod ends but I have some ready to go if needed. The shocks were all but gone so decided to do a suspension rebuild with hopes of keeping my Wagon going a few more years. Maybe by then, Mazda will bring it back to the US.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
What do you use to soap up like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
That looks like the work of a soap cannon (yes @toy4x ?). They connect to your pressure washer and "atomize" the soap so its in micro foam like texture. Its a neat set up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
That looks like the work of a soap cannon (yes @toy4x ?). They connect to your pressure washer and "atomize" the soap so its in micro foam like texture. Its a neat set up.
^Correct....
@soopa76

I actually cheat.... my detailer uses the Mtm hydro foam canon connected to a power washer. That power washer is connected to a tank of RO water so that even if the water somehow dries on the car... it leaves absolutely no water spots.

My detailer friend comes to the house and washes my car once a week. I've never once washed or waxed my own car since I bought it. He does an outstanding job and for what he charges me... I'll just keep letting him do it. In close to 2 years of owning this car, I still don't have any swirl marks. He looks after my paint and interior better than me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Damn @toy4x that is one awesome mobile detailing rig your man has. An RO machine too?!? Wow!

After I did my paint correction project on my wagon, I became ultra nervous about putting swirls back into the paint. It took a LOT of work to fix it and I'd hate to have to do it over.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Clay bar, compound and waxed. Added some chameleon neochrome vinyl to headlights and emblem. Not sure I'm into it. Thoughts?

Your car looks great!

(That vinyl tint on the lights, however...not my cup of tea.:frown2:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Clay bar, compound and waxed. Added some chameleon neochrome vinyl to headlights and emblem. Not sure I'm into it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No one's gonna address this?

Great job on the detail and love the apron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4241 - 4260 of 4782 Posts