Mazda 6 Forums banner

4201 - 4220 of 4883 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cleaned up the fleet and new shoes for the M6, General GMAX AS-05s.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
And my wife's original owner, 52,000 mile 2007 Accord will be 10 in July!

Attachments

Reactions: soopa76

·
Registered
59 Posts
Installed LED fogs in neochrome blue. I jacked it up and went in through the bottom. Really glad to avoid taking the bumper off

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cleaned her up with Blackfire Crystal

Attachments

Reactions: jcme0557

·
Registered
59 Posts
Applied night shade to the rear reflectors to match tail light tint.

Installed 3D MaxSpider all weather floor mats. These things are badass. Perfect fitment. Luxury upgrade for cheap.

BONUS they reflect my footwell lighting better than oem mats (new on passenger, oem on driver in comparison shot). Highly recommend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got back from a repair shop to pick up my 6 after it had been recently broken into. Both driver's side windows had to be replaced as well as the passenger front. The interior door trim panels had to be replaced on both front doors due to scratches left by glass when, presumably, the chucklehead(s) leaned in. The dash had to be removed/reinstalled because glass got into the vents and both front seats were also removed/reinstalled in order to clean up all the glass that got under them. There had been a ton of glass, both chunks and very fine pieces, on both front seats, but neither seat was cut/damaged and they were able to clean up both.

Oh, here's the kicker from the break in - nothing was taken. Glovebox and center console had been opened and rummaged through, but there wasn't anything to steal. I was getting really tired of driving the POS Hyundai Elantra rental.

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
Applied night shade to the rear reflectors to match tail light tint.

Installed 3D MaxSpider all weather floor mats. These things are badass. Perfect fitment. Luxury upgrade for cheap.

BONUS they reflect my footwell lighting better than oem mats (new on passenger, oem on driver in comparison shot). Highly recommend.

Disco Baby...

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
Installed JDM side repeaters today. None of the UDSM 1st gen Mazda's came with a side visible repeater. This poses a problem when trying to turn across traffic and merge in flow. In fact, there is no way to know the vehicle is turning when viewed from the side. This is a major safety issue. I wired a pair of LED repeaters from another vehicle (Mazda 2, 3, 5) with harnesses scrounged from the wrecking yard. I prefer the look of the OEM but was worried about the current draw of the incandescent lamps on the circuit so I opted for the less desirable LED.

LED
____

OEM
____

IN ACTION

______
______

·
Registered
674 Posts
Changed the oil 1500 miles early. (I'm leaving on a long road trip to Boston next week and figured I'd blow through the change interval somewhere out there.)

M1-EP and a Wix filter. I'm glad the Mazda is such an easy car to change oil in. :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
They had trouble matching it. Its still a little off, depending on the light.
Yeah but bumpers usually mismatch the body paint even from the factory. My Meteor Gray has the Sam issue in the right light and angle. Many many many threads and discussions around bumper paint mismatch. The best cars and finishes have the same issue. So I wouldn't obsess over it too much.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah but bumpers usually mismatch the body paint even from the factory. My Meteor Gray has the Sam issue in the right light and angle. Many many many threads and discussions around bumper paint mismatch. The best cars and finishes have the same issue. So I wouldn't obsess over it too much.
Yes, its a very common problem with multi-stage paints and plastic parts. I don't even see it anymore.

I showed my brother over the weekend and he honestly couldn't tell a difference.
:nerd:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Quick rinseless wash last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did my first oil/filter change and rotated the tires today. Also, got rid of a pesky stone in my caliper that was causing un undesirable squeaky chugging sound while turning. I'm making it sound like I did this but it was all done at the dealer because I'm shit with cars!

4201 - 4220 of 4883 Posts