Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
NC Legal Tints and 70% front windshield.

Also my wheels finish are chipping. They may get plastipdipped charcoal grey later on with a metalizer top coat for a factory GT finish without being Touring Silver.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Clay bar, compound and waxed. Added some chameleon neochrome vinyl to headlights and emblem. Not sure I'm into it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Did the chameleon neochrome vinyl color your output at night? And where did you buy your film? It's a bunch of crap on the market.

·
Registered
776 Posts
No noticible effect. A very slight hue shift. Fogs are a little more yellow. I just go some cheap stuff on Amazon. I ended up removing the headlight film and just kept fogs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Ok. I kinda like the look and our headlights are kinda small and tucked, so it's not as noticeable, but I'll pass. Darn. Thank you.

·
Registered
776 Posts
just bough me a set of 20 x 10.5 Varrstoen L151 wheels for my third gen 6. All I need now is some tires........
Man they remind me of the 79-80's TransAm wheels. I like them!
hope that you post pics up when it is completed...
I sure will. Hopefully I get it installed next week! Long over due!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Minor add.

This center console is tiny. I cant even fit my Galaxy Note 8 in here.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Tried to restore the headlights. Turned out decent. Visually more appeasing.

Also started getting ready to swap in the Pioneer MVH2300NEX. Made a thread in the GJ audio section for all to follow and reference in the future, if needed.

·
Registered
776 Posts
eBay visors arrived. Let's see how these hold up! I like the look so far.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Added a few key missing chrome pcs to the M6. This car has way too much black plastic and not enough PTM parts. I hate chrome, but these accent pcs really help to tie the other chrome on the M6 together.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Do you by any chance take your car through the car wash? I've seen this kind of damage from bad brushes at a car wash, they get loaded with grit and just take the clear off the lights, they hit the tops and edges of the lights the most as they go over the hood. It happens over time and it's not apparent at first since the plastic takes a while to haze up once the clear coat is off. The biggest tell that this is clear coat damage is that it's on the area that gets the most sun and is the most exposed to car wash brushes and car wash damage.

I will let you know that headlight fix is only temporary. No offense, but all you did was buff and polish them. The problem lies in the clearcoat. I had the same problem with my old touring headlights. Notice how the "hazing" happens mostly on the upper area of the headlights, that's where the sun hits it the most. Headlight clear coating is a whole different material than the clear coat on the paint! It's much thinner and more easily damaged by abrasion. Polishing will remove the hazing and remove more clear and temporarily make it look better, but it will come back

The clearcoat that Mazda used on the headlight is not very good. The "hazing" that you buffed out, will return in a couple of months, how do I know this? Because I did the same. I had a detailer buff and polish the headlights and after a couple of months it returned.

There are only 2 ways to fix the issue, you either get new headlights, which is unlikely in your case, cause you have a GT or you take your headlight to an expert, have them wet sanded properly and then apply new quality clearcoat, this would fix them permanently or at least for a few years to come.

The haze is not a haze, but clearcoat failure just like it happens on paint and just like on paint, you can buff and polish the paint all you want, but that cleatcoat failure ain't going away until you sand, respray and apply new clearcoat
You love to hear yourself talk dont you? I actually did wet sand them, 4 times actually. I used a headlight restore kit bc when I used compound, it virtually did nothing.

The clearcoat was sanded down, then I used the uv protector that came in the kit which I feel virtually did nothing, so I am going to resend them and reclear them if I cant buff the clear out.

I'm new to this M6, but I'm not new to cars, by any means.

Swapped. Dropped. SC'd. Channeled. Bodied. Tubed.

This M6 is just going to be my stock looking car that blends in, bc everything else I own(ed) everyone knows it's me. So before you assume, please ask what I did and didn't do.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Got my JDM overhead console in today! Cant wait to install it! $100 for a little low glow cup holder light. Oh well, lol.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Had my splash guards installed (owed to me from the dealer as part of the purchase). I like the look and expect they'll add some protection.
Pics? I've been trying to decide if I want some

·
Registered
776 Posts
My gut told me to check the cabin filter.

Ewww.

4 yrs, 60k miles is the limit I suppose.

Amazon here I come.

·
Registered
776 Posts
lol why haven't you changed to led
Too bright, lol. I have 3 rows of LEDs in my 07 Yukon and it hurts to be in that thing at night. If I could have a pure white, "low wattage" version, I would be there.

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Pioneer Auto EQ'd the 2300NEX. Now to spend my 2 hrs of driving tmrw seeing if it sounds better!

Also need to dynamant my truck and license plate. Maybe monday. And clay bar. And wax. And clean the leather.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Installed my mudflaps by way of China. Took all of 16 mins.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Gave the interior a good cleaning today. Hopefully the rain will stop so I can wash it. Btw does anybody know of anywhere/anybody that has black leather seats that will fit a 2007 hatch? Both of my front seats are torn and the one upper section of the back seat is as well.

PS. I know the paint is horrible :frown2:, hoping to fix all of the body work before winter.
An upholstery shop could prob recover them for cheaper than finding decent leather seats.

Reactions: bluedevil6

·
Registered
776 Posts
Whoa. Look at that. I wish it was mine. MV Tuning.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts