Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Long time away, so I figured I have a lot to make up for. That stated, my topic of conversation is the NEXT Mazda 6. We have an IDEA of what it will look like (The 2018 has MOST of the Interior and Engine Options we're likely to see, the facia, Safety Features), and the Mazda CX-9 likely gives us insight on what the smooth profile will emulate, however, I'm curious what you all hope to see in the NEXT 6 that will move you forward with buying it? Chime in with your comments, pictures, concept drawing, etc of YOUR Wish List!

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK...Long time away, so I figured I have a lot to make up for. That stated, my topic of conversation is the NEXT Mazda 6. We have an IDEA of what it will look like (The 2018 has MOST of the Interior and Engine Options we're likely to see, the facia, Safety Features), and the Mazda CX-9 likely gives us insight on what the smooth profile will emulate, however, I'm curious what you all hope to see in the NEXT 6 that will move you forward with buying it? Chime in with your comments, pictures, concept drawing, etc of YOUR Wish List!
I am a couple of weeks from purchasing the 2018 Mazda6 Signature. The car is the best equipped sedan for the price hands down.
And believe me I have done all the shopping and research.

With that said, my wish list of things I wish it had or were better is as follows:
(and yes I know, these would increase $)

* Better resolution for 360 camera system.
* 4 tire actual pressure read out - TPMS
* Power sunshade for sunroof.
* Rear window power sunshade.
* Power fold in side mirrors.
* Longer, more forward sitting armrest.
* Builtin hood hydrolec arms/levers.

Most of these wish list are being picky (and spoiled), but the camera resolution and the the hood lifter leave me scratching my head as to why Mazda cut corners here.

With that said very excited to take delivery of a Reflex Mica Blue with Parchment interior at end of July.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nitpicking the '18, items that shouldn't really raise the expense,
#1 - Different finish (wood?) instead of the smoked plastic around window buttons, shift lever - scratches too easily.
Every car/truck needs a place to rest/set your cell phone.
coin holder
larger center console, although the arm rest I initially thought was too far back has turned out to some how not be as noticeable as I originally thought but slightly larger would be nice.
Hood shocks (hydraulic arms/levers).
Better resolution for the camera's would be helpful.

There are a couple of other small things I can't think of sitting here I'm sure I'll come back and add but again we all have things we like or use. Impossible to please everyone.

Overall, this is a really good automobile. If it proves out reliable/durable it will indeed be the best option for the money.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I'd hope for a Digital Cockpit Cluster, SkyActiv-X Turbo (SAXT), Sweet Modern Infotainment System (w/ Android Auto and Apply Car Play) Brembo-like big brakes (Like the ones on @MadStyle 6) and factory RGBW ambient lighting (like in the Mercedes S Class - below) to give it that futuristic flow.

Jaguar Infotainment System:

SRQ Brakes (Courtesy of @MadStyle):

- LINK: http://forum.mazda6club.com/suspension-brakes/435298-srq-offset-rotor-kit-srq.html#post5008001

RGBW Ambient Lighting in Mercedes S-Class:

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
How about some BASIC items they had on the 2nd-gen 6 that are inexplicably absent now?

- Auto-dimming for ALL the mirrors.
- Power-down (and up) windows and moonroof from the keyfob and/or the outside button.
- A small closing cubby/drawer to the left of the steering column for loose change
- hooks in the trunk for plastic bags
- the ability to unlock the door just from grabbing the door handle, instead of also having to hit the button.

These were all features I enjoyed on my '10 that are NOT on my current 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
How about some BASIC items they had on the 2nd-gen 6 that are inexplicably absent now?

- Auto-dimming for ALL the mirrors.
- Power-down (and up) windows and moonroof from the keyfob and/or the outside button.
- A small closing cubby/drawer to the left of the steering column for loose change
- hooks in the trunk for plastic bags
- the ability to unlock the door just from grabbing the door handle, instead of also having to hit the button.

These were all features I enjoyed on my '10 that are NOT on my current 6.

You sound so angry.

Fyi the 2011 second gen lost most of those features due to cost reductions. But I'm with you regarding many of the convenience features. I especially liked venting the car via the key fob and just grabbing the handle to open. Both IMO convey elegance.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
You sound so angry.
Nah. Maybe a little bitter... lol

I just cannot understand how automakers take steps backward with certain features and think it's a smart idea. If it's a cost thing, then offer them as options or dealer-installed items.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Nah. Maybe a little bitter... lol

I just cannot understand how automakers take steps backward with certain features and think it's a smart idea. If it's a cost thing, then offer them as options or dealer-installed items.

Yeah. I agree, although I think part of the cost is around the wiring to feed those extra features. Not sure if they still do this but they will only outfot wiring harnesses with connections for available features.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
703 Posts
The next Mazda 6 is supposed to be RWD. According to rumours, the base model engine will be the Skyactiv-X 2.5L and the upgraded engine will be a Twin-turbo 3L V6. I am hoping they will make a Skyactiv-X inline 6 version of their 4 cylinder though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Manual transmission for the turbo engine.

How about a Speed6 with some real performance credentials? And make it available in some trim levels other than $40,000.00 Mega-Signature GT DeLuxe...you know, so the rest of us can have a little fun too.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wagon, turbo, manual. Don't care about AWD.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Same thing most people have wanted form the 6 in the states. Bring me a wagon in Touring trim or higher with a manual and I will stop what I am doing and get one.
Bring me a wagon with a manual and I don't care if I have to roll my own windows down, I will get one.

·
Banned
703 Posts
Manual transmission for the turbo engine.

How about a Speed6 with some real performance credentials? And make it available in some trim levels other than $40,000.00 Mega-Signature GT DeLuxe...you know, so the rest of us can have a little fun too.
Nobody likes to buy upper trim levels in these sort of cars with a manual transmission, unfortunately. Plus Mazda would've likely had to beef up their manual trans for the 310ft/lb of torque which they saw no point in doing.

The revival of Mazdaspeed... If I had a dollar for everytime someone would mention this, I'd be riched. It has been talked about all over to death. Really sad to see that Mazda does not intend to continue building performance cars. They are focusing their rather limited budgeting toward a different direction to maximize profits - focusing on building good crossovers and SUV's to satisfy the north-american market and continue building their name here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd like it to have a simple, minimalistic interior, 3 litre straight 6 engine, and also to come in coupe body style, two doors, no B pillar coupe. What I would really love to see, and I don't think anyone mentioned is a possibility to choose between things when ordering a new car, such as old school key ignition vs start button, manual seats vs electric in all trim levels, metal vs glass sunroof, steering wheel without buttons vs one with, regular cable handbrake vs electronic one and such things. Sort of a purist version of the car.

I wouldn't like to see downsized engine and too many screens, ambient lights and such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with analogue instruments and physical switches.

Now, when I read what I've written it's obvious that I want a new RX-7 FD with a straight 6 engine. :D A new Mazda 6 that is a bit like MPS (Speedsix) and a bit like RX7 is actually a really good idea. :D

·
Banned
703 Posts
I'd like it to have a simple, minimalistic interior, 3 litre straight 6 engine, and also to come in coupe body style, two doors, no B pillar coupe. What I would really love to see, and I don't think anyone mentioned is a possibility to choose between things when ordering a new car, such as old school key ignition vs start button, manual seats vs electric in all trim levels, metal vs glass sunroof, steering wheel without buttons vs one with, regular cable handbrake vs electronic one and such things. Sort of a purist version of the car.

I wouldn't like to see downsized engine and too many screens, ambient lights and such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with analogue instruments and physical switches.

Now, when I read what I've written it's obvious that I want a new RX-7 FD with a straight 6 engine. :D A new Mazda 6 that is a bit like MPS (Speedsix) and a bit like RX7 is actually a really good idea. :D
The base engine should be the 2.5L skyactiv x, and the upgraded engine should be a 3.8L straight-6 version of that same engine. An inline 6 would respond very well to the compression ignition and supercharger.

I agree with what you said about the purist version, but I highly doubt something like that would make it to production in todays day and age.

All Mazda RX vehicles must have a rotary though. :nerd: :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
The base engine should be the 2.5L skyactiv x, and the upgraded engine should be a 3.8L straight-6 version of that same engine. An inline 6 would respond very well to the compression ignition and supercharger.

I agree with what you said about the purist version, but I highly doubt something like that would make it to production in todays day and age.

All Mazda RX vehicles must have a rotary though. :nerd: :p
I agree for 2.5, but I believe that 3.0 6 cylinder version of 2.0 liter Skyactive X would be more palatable and more realistic. :D 3.8 is like... to good to be true. :D

I agree, but we can dream. :D When I was young, I couldn't afford the cars I wanted. I still want the same thing, but now they don't make them anymore, and I'm too old to get into restoring old cars. :D

RX, I completely, unequivocally agree. :D Mazda did make 626 couple, however. :D And 929 coupe, too. :D Those were the days. :D :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nobody likes to buy upper trim levels in these sort of cars with a manual transmission, unfortunately. Plus Mazda would've likely had to beef up their manual trans for the 310ft/lb of torque which they saw no point in doing.

The revival of Mazdaspeed... If I had a dollar for everytime someone would mention this, I'd be riched. It has been talked about all over to death. Really sad to see that Mazda does not intend to continue building performance cars. They are focusing their rather limited budgeting toward a different direction to maximize profits - focusing on building good crossovers and SUV's to satisfy the north-american market and continue building their name here.

Hey, its a "wish list." If all I wished for was what they wanted to make...what would be the point? :wink2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
21 Participants
barriectaylor
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing