Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everybodys opinion...let me know what u guys think

I am going with a black and red theme on the inside since i got the all black leather package and everything else is black

I am also going black and white on the outside so I decided to go with black, red, and white in the engine bay area...this summer, I want to get Cold air intake to make it looks even better and maybe get everything cleaned haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've never really been interested in painting anything in the underhood area, but that looks freaking awesome! Good work. The black separating the red and white makes it look very professional.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It does look good... Did you clear it so it will hold up better?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks awesome, I may have to do that on my white 6. Thanks for some ideas.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what im hear for guys...to get and reflect ideas off of each other...i did not clear it because heres the problem...when i painted my wheels white i cleared one and didnt clear the other...after a day, the other one was shinier if thats even a word lol...anyways u get what im trying to say right? but i had to clear all of them anyways so they wont chip but for the engine cover i didnt clear it at all i got paint thats already shiny.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was can for EVERYTHING!!! lolfirst i sprayed the middle straight up white before i tape anything off...n then i waited about 5 hours for it to dry and taped it and sprayed red on the outside...another 5 hours n then taped the red and sprayed in between black...simple as that...n then the lettering i went to staples and got heavy duty industrial shrapies for $7. they came in a pack of two black a red n blue...n then just had fun :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks Great!!!

I have a 2004 red 6 and im thinking of doing something very similar to this.

Can i ask what type of paint you used? Brand?

·
Registered
51 Posts
it was can for EVERYTHING!!! lolfirst i sprayed the middle straight up white before i tape anything off...n then i waited about 5 hours for it to dry and taped it and sprayed red on the outside...another 5 hours n then taped the red and sprayed in between black...simple as that...n then the lettering i went to staples and got heavy duty industrial shrapies for $7. they came in a pack of two black a red n blue...n then just had fun :)
To get a perfect match on small details when using spray cans, spray into an old spray can lid or similar. Once you have some paint, use a brush to hand paint on the sprayed paint you have captured. That way it is the same paint, same color as the stuff you sprayed. This is how I've done lettering highlights before. Perfect match!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that too...i painted to many little details people with mazdas look at my car and say it looks so stock but at the same time btter then mines...what the hell is so different...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts