Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: We still realize that members may still hit the "Page not Loading" error. We are still aware of this and our overall goal is to switch to a new server, hopefully later this week or over the weekend. We decided that this would be best so that we could let our member familiarize themselves with the new software, continue posting, and so that we can squish any bugs that we come across BEFORE switching servers.

Welcome back to the new 6Club forums!

First off, we just want to apologize to EVERYONE for how long it took to get everything back up and running. With all of the positive and negative comments towards our changeover, we are thankful to be back up and running again.

We have decided to go ahead an open up the forums to allow posting and all of our members to familiarize themselves with the new software. Please be sure to go through your profile and update/add any new information.

We have also added our Terms of Service (which you can find a link at the top of the page). Please make sure to fully read and understand these new rules as they will be applied to everyone from here on out. This news service is also activated to help keep memebrs informed of whats going on. be sure to check it often. We will also allow replies to news topics as well. Let us know what you think!

One of the biggest changes is the warning system. Here is a little info on it:

Since we now have this wonderful new software, we are going to take full advantage of it. We have turned teh warning sytem on. The system workd by giving a certain number of warnings out. Once you reach 100%, you will begine to lose your posting rights and interaction with the community. These consequences are highlited in our Terms of Service. Right nwo our limt is set to 5. This means that each warning carries a 20% hit each time you are warned.

Along with a warning, you will also get a reason as to why the warning was issued and form whom it was issued by. If you feel that it's in error, please bring it up with another moderator or administrator to look into the problem.

Moderators, and admins will be the only ones to see your warning level and reasons for why it was done. Moderators also have the ability to carry through with any warning consequences, along with the ability to ban members.

My hope is that we will not have to use this feature much.

I'm excited to get this up and going, so I will be short on the rest of the changes. Because we do have a lot, I will create another news topic about other changes. Please be sure to look here for more info as we can get it out to everyone!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great to have the forum back. Thanks for all the hard work. This forum adds greatly to the Mazda experience.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I liked the look of the old forum better, but this one's cool. Just glad it's finally back up!
Oh, yeah - the old forum allowed some user options - like not showing member sigs. Am I missing something or has this gone bye-bye?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts