Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at what I just got . :D I ordered it from Showcase and had it shipped to a US address. My friend brought it back for me when he went down last weekend. The ipod interface from RPM is on the way too. w00t!

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Look at what I just got . :D I ordered it from Showcase and had it shipped to a US address. My friend brought it back for me when he went down last weekend. The ipod interface from RPM is on the way too. w00t!
[/b]
I got both of those too. Nice purchase. :D That short throw shifter is great.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yea thats how I roll with only chrome on the back

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ugh that sport shifter I'm so tempted to buy, but $149 juss for it ;(
[/b]
Although I haven't tried the MS shortshifter, I know that a good shifter can make the driving experience so much more enjoyable. At $149US, it's not that much for this car. I'm expecting that it's worth every penny based on the reviews I've read here. For me, it's a no-brainer mod.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installation is done!! Took me about 3 hours to do the shortshifter. The hardest part was trying to bolt down the shifter assembly because the new bushings are very hard to seat into place. I ended up pushing down on the bushing with the nut inside the socket and ratchet while turning at the same time to get the nut to start threading. It was a real pain. Everything else was pretty simple including the cutting part. I'm sure if I had to do it again, I could do it in half that time now that I know how everything comes apart.

In my brief testing, I'd say feel is about the same except that the fore-aft motion shorter. Side-to-side is the same. I don't think it takes any more effort to shift. So far, so good.

I also installed the RPM Ipod interface. It works quite well. I don't think I'll be using the cd player any more now. :)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
BTW, the mazdaspeed plate from from mazda is metal. The ones that you get on ebay are plastic. I personally have the one from ebay and it is fine, but the metal is nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing