Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is done. I sent my letter to MazdaUSA. I urge anyone who feels the same way that I do to tell Mazda!

A special thanks to Steve for his time.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Not releasing the Mazda6 hatchback would mean business lost!

Allow me to start off by commending Mazda on the introduction of the 6. While I have not yet had the opportunity to see one in person as it has not yet been released here in the US, I have been following the car closely on the Internet and with the help of the MazdaAtenza.com community. It is refreshing to see someone compete with the Accords and Camrys with a true performance sedan.

We will be looking to purchase a car in the next few months, and based on my research, the Mazda6 tops the list. I am, however, disappointed in Mazda’s reluctance to release the hatch style of the 6 along with the sedan, or at all. Not only do I think the hatch looks the sexiest, it would make a perfect car for us. Even though the space inside the hatch is just under that of the trunk in the sedan, the convenience of a hatch strongly outweighs the slight difference in volume. I started out looking at the Protege5, until we determined that it would be too small. Imagine my excitement, then, when Mazda showed a mid-sized hatch. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it’s release in the United States was questionable. The practicality of the Mazda6 hatch would stand out in a sea of run-of-the-mill sedans. The release of the hatch would give Mazda an immediate advantage over it’s competition, even before sliding into or driving the car.

I don’t know what instruments you’ve used to examine the market’s interest in different body styles. But I think that if you are considering not releasing the hatch based on previous knowledge in the market’s acceptance to hatches, I think you are making a serious mistake. We have a poll on the MazdaAtenza.com community asking about choice of body styles. At last check, well over 90% of the people that voted would choose the hatch, given the opportunity. And many of those, if not given the opportunity would probably not buy a Mazda6 at all, unfortunately.

As I said, we will be looking for a car in the next few months. Unfortunately, when we are ready to buy a car, we will buy a car. The purpose of buying the car itself does not give us the luxury of waiting – we need a car for the family. I would like that car to be the Mazda6 hatch. Please release it alongside of the sedan!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'The letter'

You are welcome.

Now let's just hope that they drown in letters like these (make them!) and that you guys get your well deserved hatches.

If they can't set up the plant in Flat Rock for all three body styles because they don't trust the demand for the hatch/wagon, at least they could import a batch to give it a try!

But if they decide there is an interest from the public, setting up another production line isn't THAT hard...

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks applejax, The letter is well written!!! I hope mazda usa will consider pullng in the hatchback release schedule.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Now, everybody from the USA and Canada should send an email like that, so maybe that way, they'll sell it soon.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Where did you send your letter to? I'm in the states and am eagerly awaiting the release of a hatchback. I'm stunned that more Americans would not buy the more practical hatchback. All we have for a 5-door hatch is Saab!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts