Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at Dennys the other night and I ended up talking to a fellow enthusiast over there. He liked the car alot and somehow we got to talking about potentially selling the car.

So he hopped in and I played the system for him and that basically pushed him over. I asked for 25-30k depending on agreements. He was willing to pay cash and wanted to give me a $5000.00 cash deposit for the car tomorrow. Of course I wouldn't let him drive off with it until the rest was paid.

The 6 itself is paid off. I owe a little bit on the mods, maybe 3k? Approximately 33,000 miles on the odometer maybe a little more. I love the car and it still gets tons of attention but it feels as if I'm done with it. I want to play with a new project. I want an IS350 BAD.

Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
sh*t, do it! i think that's an awesome deal if you can set in anything over 25k!

...forgot to add

PANSY!

·
Registered
586 Posts
maybe the guy who buys it will put it there for you and at least we will all know whose concept it was...but in the mean time u can work ur magic on another car!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that too. But theres always some rich kid out there who wants a cool car. You check out Import Tuner this month? The cover car (WHITE TC) is on my team and hes gonna sell that bitch for 50k. No lies.

On a side note, Hot Wheels is in the process of producing his car in die cast.

STI

Legacy

IS350

Bike & 240 Project

?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
As much as I love the 6, I say if someone wants to offer you 25K for a modded (and used) 6 go for it.

Worse case if you have seller's remorse and want to get back into the scene, you can buy another 6i and start all over again with the 25K.

But, there's gonna be a whole bunch of awesome cars hitting the market in the next couple of years its almost worth waiting it out and seeing what comes up before comitting to a car though in my humble opinion.

Nothing on the market right now is that appealing -- nothing.

But there are alot of interesting redesigns with even more goodies coming out in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
take that money and run... you have one of the nicest 6's here, but still, dont be dumb about it, 25k is a lot for a used 6

·
Registered
780 Posts
v. hard choice. as much as i love the IS, it'll be hard to give up the car if it has lots of sentimental value. i know mines does.. .

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
you can sell it for 25k, then buy my car for 20k and then get a bike...there ya go...done deal!

·
Registered
324 Posts
"You may leave when you take the rock from my hand, grasshopper..."

If you have done all that you can then get moving. We all need to be inspired and if the IS inpires you then go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have first hand drove the IS350...its a beast...high class...triptronic with PADDLE SHIFTERS!!!.....the new nav system is amazing, controls everything. Has a backup camera when you put the car in reverse. Stock ipod integration...and 305 horses from a V6!!! its def a step up....im not sure about any aftermarket mods but im sure they will come out with stuf....best of luck

·
Registered
603 Posts
aww dam! i personally wouldnt want you too...only because id hate to see you leave. but i think its a AWESOME deal. shit a 6 with 33,000 miles for 25k? with the mods you have is a great. id say do it, but like i said i wouldnt want you to leave. getting the IS350, thats a SWEET ass car man. do it! i gues :(

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Your car is pimp.

The IS350 is a given, a step up from the Mazda6 we all own.

Buyers Remorse doesnt last long once you get your new toy.

I say go with the IS350, its something new, something better out the box and something that may end up being a little more challenging to modify, depending on where the aftermarket takes you.

·
Registered
979 Posts
So what have you decided?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
27 Participants
408MZ6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing