Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mazda6 hatchback is officially launched in Sweden this weekend. Well, I had the opportunity to take a peak today. Hehe.

Well, people. It looks just as great as one could imagine. Damn! :D

What can I tell you about it? Well, it's a clever thing. The sub is (as in the other models) fitted inside the spare wheel.

Also, in Sweden all 2.3 hatches has the wing at the rear, but not the spoiler packages.

The hatch is better equipped in the trunk than the Sedan (the wagon is also good). You have places to tie your luggage, there are small compartments in the side walls for tools etc. And there's a light also.

I can hardly wait for mine...<g>:sarc

BTW - I took a real close look at the Silver contrail contra the Titanium gray. Silver is in my oppinion a much more alive color - gray looks almost as if it isn't metallic at all.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'The hatch has arrived...'

Yeah I know. The hatchback is here now for more than a month and it really looks great!

BTW; in litres the sedan has more space in the trunk..

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by Matt

BTW; in litres the sedan has more space in the trunk..[/b]
It has, but the opening in the hatch is SOOOO large!:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This car looks great in pics, but in reality....it's astonishing!!!!

(BTW - It's snowing here now...:( It shouldn't be snowing for a month or two. It's punishment for the great summer we had...:sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Snow?? Thank God I live in Holland.....I don't like snow..[/b]
Actually, snow is fun. But not NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It's more fun to get a new car in the summer - with road grip 'n' stuff. But we need the car now, as we're gonna have a kid soon and need a better trunk for the perambulator...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The only reason I needed... (the fact that the perambulator actually fits in our present trunk also can easily be overlooked...:D )

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

BTW; in litres the sedan has more space in the trunk..[/b]
It has, but the opening in the hatch is SOOOO large!:D [/b][/quote]

Yeah - the extended opening makes a hatch sooo much more practical. The ease of the larger opening well offsets a trunk of the same size, or even compensates for the little bit of difference in a larger trunk.

And it looks waaaay nicer too. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts

So can one of you guys lucky enough to have Titanium Grey Mazda6 hatchbacks in your country please take a digital picture? :) That's exactly the config I'd like to buy should Mazda ever deem fit to take my money...

Congratulations on the baby, Steve! That's why I'm looking at a 6... We just had our first baby (a boy!) 9 days ago, and there's no way to carry him and my wife simultaneously in the Miata short of hooking one of those baby trailers for bicycles to the back of the car. :) I'm really hoping Mazda's quoting a worst-case scenario when they say summer for the five-door in the USA, as I'd really like to go for a 6 but I can't wait forever.

And what the heck is a "perambulator?"

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by DennyA

So can one of you guys lucky enough to have Titanium Grey Mazda6 hatchbacks in your country please take a digital picture? :) That's exactly the config I'd like to buy should Mazda ever deem fit to take my money...

Congratulations on the baby, Steve! That's why I'm looking at a 6... We just had our first baby (a boy!) 9 days ago, and there's no way to carry him and my wife simultaneously in the Miata short of hooking one of those baby trailers for bicycles to the back of the car. :) I'm really hoping Mazda's quoting a worst-case scenario when they say summer for the five-door in the USA, as I'd really like to go for a 6 but I can't wait forever.

And what the heck is a "perambulator?"[/b]
If I see s titanium grey hatch, I'd take a pic. In a few weeks (like three...) I'll post pics of my Silver contrail hatch here also.

Thanks - and congrats yourself! (Our baby hasn't arrived yet, but it's a dead race between the baby and the hatch...)

A baby trailer hooked up at a trailer stitch at the back of a Miata...now that would be a sight for sore eyes, wouldn't it??

Oh, and perambulator - that is the Oxford english term for what I think you'd call a child cart or something... This is how ours look, so you can tell me the correct term yourself...

Notice how well it will go with a Silver contrail hatch...:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Monday; I can take the scooter of my twinbrother to school. And near my school there is a Mazda-dealer. With a Titanium Grey Mazda6 Sport.....I will take some picturers for you!

·
Registered
305 Posts

Thanks, Matt! I really appreciate it!

Don't you love the Internet? Can you imagine proposing 20 years ago that a guy in Holland would take a picture for some guy he doesn't even know in Vermont, USA, and sent it instantly across the sea?

Welcome to the future! Now where are the hovercraft you promised us? ;-)

·
Registered
305 Posts

Steve,

Ah. In the USA we typically call those "strollers" or "baby carriages." Even though I have family in England, so I'm usually pretty up on "English English" vs. "USA English", I'd never heard the term "perambulator" before. However, I have heard the Brits call them "prams," which come to think of it is probably a shortening of perambulator.

You learn something new every month! :)

(By the way, if you want to get into the "newborn baby" frame of mind, I have pics of the baby up at www.datkin.net !)

...Denny

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Denny,

language is a difficult thingie! As you say, there are new things to learn every month (day...).

Pram...of course - short for that ugly word perambulator (I looke, but the dictionary gives no alternative...)

Looked at your kido. Cute little fellow! Children really make you turn priorities around quite a lot and think twice about what's really important in life. Kids are.

Mazda6:es too, but if I have to choose between having a kid and a new car, the car looses everytime!:)

(Good thing one doesn't have to choose):D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by DennyA

Thanks, Matt! I really appreciate it!

Don't you love the Internet? Can you imagine proposing 20 years ago that a guy in Holland would take a picture for some guy he doesn't even know in Vermont, USA, and sent it instantly across the sea?

Welcome to the future! Now where are the hovercraft you promised us? ;-)[/b]
It sure is an amazing world that the Internet has opened up. We're all part of one big "family" now. And it's great, because I think Internet in the end will make wars impossible, because war is based on fear for the unknown. But Internet shows people that people are people everywhere...

And most important of all: you get to see Mazdas even before they arrive at your own market!!!:D

That hovercraft - or flying car - is still in development. And nowadays it actually works! Read more at http://www.moller.com/skycar/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts