Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is an invisible one. I went through the phase of trying to make everything look nice...and I enjoyed it, but now I'd rather not flash my equipment to the world when I open my trunk.

I remember seeing a few posts where people were concealing their system in the spare wheel and even making a fake back wall in the trunk.

I have: 3 amps, 1 crossover, 1 cap, two 12"s and I have been trying to find a nice way to hide it all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
you can try to put the 2 12's in custom boxes on the sides of the trunk behind the wheel well, then cover them with some dense black mesh and a mesh cover or such to make it look much more stock, hide all the amp wiring and everything where the spare is, just make sure you have airflow over that amp and cap, it needs it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The capacitor does not require airflow at all, you can stuff that anywhere. The amplifiers do need airflow to keep them from frying. How much airflow depends on how often and how long you run them hard.

What are your thoughts on losing the spare tire? If you're not opposed to that you can do a false floor pretty easily. and it's VERY stealth. You could even do it so that the stock trunk carpet covers the entire installation. Actually, thinking about it, with that list of equipment, a false floor is probably the ONLY way you can hide all of your equipment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was trying to avoid the spare compartment because who knows...might need it sometime. I remember there was someone on the forums who was making a custom enclosure for the sides above the wheels. Anyone remember?

·
Registered
418 Posts
im about to attempt to fiberglass 2 12s into the driver side..... gonna do the job myself with maybe a lil fiberglass tips from my bosses (they've built boats)

i bought those fiberglass dvds and this website is very good:
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I won't get into how terrible putting subs on the sides is... specially facing eachother... however...

Best suggestion.. you can't hide 2 12's... So don't bother....
I have my 2 amps on a rack mounted behind the back seats... looks really clean... and the sub box fits about 2 inches infront of those in the center... Most people allow an installer to build box's that don't offer enough airspace for the subs they are running..

So basically you see 12's if I open the trunk... but the amps are completely hidden.. everything is...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I won't get into how terrible putting subs on the sides is... specially facing eachother... however...

[/b]
It's not terrible if you know what you are doing. I've seen it done, and done it myself, and had no problems what-so-ever.

In fact, in my car I have a single 12 and I find that I get the best bass in the car by placing the subwoofer in the rear corner, firing towards the other side of the trunk.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You could hide it in my car if you wanted, then noone would see it. :nana:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
off topic, but does anyone remember the install a member did with his three jbl amps on plexiglass with red leds and the cap on the right i believe and the subs that looked like they were mounted in the spare wheel compartment?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
DaveRulz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing