Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm sooooo ashamed of myself that I totally missed this post. I must be slipping. As a self-proclaimed and self-appointed "Royal Purple" evangelist, I HIGHLY recommend Royal Purple 0w-20 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SEK9IQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00) and Filter (Amazon.com: Royal Purple 10-2876 Extended Life Oil Filter: Automotive)! It has been the BEST oil for me, especially after 3000 miles have been clocked, and the car is as chipper as mile 1!:grin2:

I'll second this....I let Mazda do the first few free oil changes that came with the purchase of the car, but after those were done I've used Royal Purple 0w-20 & the Royal Purple filter and the engine seems to run a little smoother.

Reactions: OCTOGONPC

·
Registered
582 Posts
Maybe it does run smoother, I just find this hard to believe based on my own experience.

I've seen engines run with no oil at all on 2 separate occasions. One was my car, a turbo buick 3.8 motor that burned oil and needed to be topped off regularly. During one such top off, it took 5 quarts. That's the entire capacity of this motor, so it had nothing in it other than residual. Ran perfectly smooth before, during and after its time with no oil.

The second time was when i worked at a service station and a taxi came in with a low oil light on. I added 1 quart, checked dipstick....still showed nothing. I repeated this for 5 full quarts before I looked underneath the car to see all the oil on the concrete, as his oil pan drain plug had fallen out.

Put new plug in, filled it up, and off he went. Ran perfect

food for thought

I'm confused at how this has anything to do w/ Royal Purple oil & why you think its bad for an engine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm confused as to why you think that I think RP is bad for an engine? My comment was in regards to your engine running "smoother" on RP. i don't think differences in "smoothness" can be attributed to a brand of oil, and gave examples of engines running smooth with no oil at all.

My bad, I apologize....I kinda ran w/ your statement and put words in your mouth.

Sorry about that Mach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.