Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do my first oil change on my 2014 6. The dealer performed the first oil change for free and used bulk synthetic Castrol 0W20. I am now at 10,000 miles and planning to change the oil. My question is this. The only 0W20 that my local Autozone carried was a synthetic Mobil 1 that had a label that stated it was formulated for higher MPG. I have read on other forums where some people are using 5W30 because it is better for the engine in their opinion. I know 0W20 is what Mazda specifies in the US and Canada but they specify 5W-30 in Europe. Why the difference? It seems to me the thicker 5W-30 would be better for the engine. Talk amongst yourselves...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I just did the oil change and went with factory filter and Mobil 1 0W20 AFE that I got at Wal-Mart for $25 for a 5Qt. jug.

After the oil change I also applied Armor All to the plastic fairing. I think I may need to be tested for OCD lol...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.