Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
What's the cost per quart? Thanks
I've been getting mine locally in Baltimore for $6.85/qt, no shipping, but 6% state tax. I'm no stranger to high dollar oils (my G37x likes Motul X-Max 5W-30). The highest dollar 0W-20 is Eneos Sustina (about $10/quart if not $12), and extra moly or not, I beg to think that it's higher quality oil than the Mazda branded Idemitsu, which is no slouch in its own right. Sustina uses a proprietary polymer that encapsulates dirt in an effort to minimize sludging. Boutique oils all have some angle, whether it be base stock (4 or 5) and/or proprietary polymer additives.

Contrary to popular opinion, and flame if you must, Mobil 1 is not even on par to Pennzoil Ultra at any given viscocity.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Btw, I have 12ltrs of Grp V Motul 0w40 8100 Ester E-Tech from my oil stash..too bad I can't use it. Way thick for the "watery" 0W20 needs for the Sky-G.
The Motul Ester E-Tech is what I used in my '99 MB E320 4-Matic right up until it was totaled in 2008. That sucker had an 8.5 qt. crankcase, and required synthetic, as one would guess by the viscocity rating. It's formulated primarily for European gasoline engined vehicles.

ExB5, would you mind revealing your internet source for the $6.19 Mazda 0W-20 with Moly? It may be worth doing a 2 case deal, even though I have 16 quarts of the stuff on hand currently.

I've stockpiled oil in the past for a particular car only to have the car totaled, so I try not to get carried away unless the deal is hard to pass up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.