Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 373 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I bought my 3rd Gen a couple weeks after the 2nd Hill Climb. I've been looking forward to this event ever since I joined the forum. I'm definitely in. :grin2:
Stinks you missed the last one but glad you can make this year.

Everyone, make sure you're spreading the word! NEMAC has a social media rep going around to all the forums that we can muster and posting information about this, but it certainly doesn't hurt to stir up conversations when you have a chance.

This event relies solely on these forums, facebook, and word of mouth, so we need all the help we can get.

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice. Have a thread up yet?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No official webpage yet, we ran into an error setting up the domain. Once the domain is secured I'll create the website and add the climb page. People will be able to comment on it but I'd prefer if we kept this thread going.

This thread (and the ones on other forums) are the lifeblood of this event. If this thread isn't active, then neither is the climb.

·
Registered
491 Posts
No official webpage yet, we ran into an error setting up the domain. Once the domain is secured I'll create the website and add the climb page. People will be able to comment on it but I'd prefer if we kept this thread going.

This thread (and the ones on other forums) are the lifeblood of this event. If this thread isn't active, then neither is the climb.

I was replying to (or thought I was replying) to Ocean6 when asking about a thread. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Alright, let's step in here for a moment... Haha. Obviously, I'm in. Heather will be as well, however, not sure if she'll drive or just tag along with me.

I have a pop up tent and a 6' folding table that I can bring (and perhaps some other items if Heather does, in fact, drive herself.

In regards to lodging, @SonicNutrition I believe I heard you were contacting The Seasons regarding booking a building. Any updates with that? I'd like to book a room as soon as possible.

I'll likely be leaving Vermont midday Saturday and heading towards the mountain. Not sure when the #Canucks group will be passing through, but if timing allows, I wouldn't mind meeting up.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
We are still unsure if all of us will be travelling together, as some may need to travel on Friday.

I know that i am travelling on the Thursday @FusionGT with @Nihilus and hopefully most of the rest of our group which will be attending. Not sure what time we wpuld be hitting your neck of the woods though.

Many details still need to be figured on our end yet. I plan to discuss things at our meet in a few weeks, and other meets following that.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
@Mr.Smoke so that means you'll likely be planning on staying in NH Thursday night? I have the entire week prior to the climb off for vacation, so my plans could certainly change. We'll see what happens when we get closer to the event.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
@Mr.Smoke so that means you'll likely be planning on staying in NH Thursday night? I have the entire week prior to the climb off for vacation, so my plans could certainly change. We'll see what happens when we get closer to the event.
Correct. I will be at the seasons for Thursday night. Wanted to have the Friday free to check out the area & what not. The first year was far too rushed for us. No time to just relax & take it easy.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Sounds like a plan, we'll see what the week brings. If you guys are driving through Vermont in the daylight, I can probably take you on a few fun roads. Regardless, here's a couple routes to think about in your planning.
-Route 17 from Bristol to Warren.
-Route 302 from Barre to The Seasons.
-Route 108 from Jeffersonville to Stowe. (this is likely out of your way, but a pretty kick ass road)
-Route 125 from Middlebury to Hancock.
-Route 73 from Brandon to Rochester.
--Those last two are other options for the first one. All three are considered the "Mountain Gaps" through the Green Mountains. Good fun. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I don't want to get everyone's hopes up, but I dropped a small claims bomb on Mazda because they haven't given us the promised funding from last year's event agreement. They promptly got back to me saying they're doing everything they can to get it to us.

If this happens, plans will change quite a bit and (hopefully) we'll be able to take a bit off the top of the general admission.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
@Mr.Smoke and others looking at The Seasons, @SonicNutrition has asked that I take the lead on a group rate. Hoping to make a call soon and get some information. Any idea how many rooms you may be looking for yourselves? Just want to get a rough idea of what to ask for. Also, Thursday-Sunday, right?

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
For anyone who might be thinking elsewhere besides the seasons, I've personally stayed in the Residence Inn in North Conway - Very nice place, good rates, nice clean up-to-date rooms. Highly recommend.

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
For anyone who might be thinking elsewhere besides the seasons, I've personally stayed in the Residence Inn in North Conway - Very nice place, good rates, nice clean up-to-date rooms. Highly recommend.
Okay, so I just noticed their prices went sky high since I went 2 years ago..... Maybe it's not the best place for your money anymore haha.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Seasons have been contacted. Waiting to hear back. I'll update this thread once I have more information.
Yeah, if you've got info on costs for a two bedroom, let us know so we can plan. I'm in contact with one of our people working room arrangements.

I know they also do 3rd night half off deals which could be useful for us.

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Updated the Parking map to this new idea that one of my officers had:

"Parking Section 2" will be reserved for NEM6 (NEMAC) members so we can all stick together and greet the participants with our cars as they show up.

Also, we've got some great ideas coming along in the NEM6 chatroom right now, we're working on making this event the best one yet.

41 - 60 of 373 Posts