Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project
~ Officially Sponsored by Mazda North American Operations ~
Hosted By: NEM6
Date and Time: Saturday, August 16th 2014

Full Details: http://nem6.com/climb

Register Here!
- OR -
Join the FaceBook Group!

The event is still very much in the makings, but we've got some great ideas for everyone this year. For those of you who missed last year's event, you can view it here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/usa/255865-great-mazda-mountain-climb.html

Keeping with the tradition of the climb, we will be hosting the event from Mt. GreyLock in North Adams, Massachusetts!

Preceding the event will be a long, very fun drive on one of the most scenic roads in New England, the historic Mohawk Trail (AKA Rt. 2).

Unlike our Mt. Washington meet, we will be leaving the mountain climb to your discretion. Mt. GreyLock isn't quite as accommodating for large masses as Mt. Washington, so we'll leave the hill climb to you. This will allow people to come and go as they please.

We will be having a cookout and raffle just like last time. More details are to come, so start spreading the word now!

Some of our favorite pics from last year's event:

We are still very much open for suggestions for event details, so please discuss any ideas/thoughts/concerns here.

Register Here!

Who's IN?
1. Byakuya
2. SonicNutrition
3. DisplacedMainah
4. FusionGT
5. Tama6
6. MikeBedlam
7. FallenAmbience
8. codedoc
9. Lara6
10. Mz6GreyGhost
11. Danstheman7
12. justsomeguy
13. Mr.Smoke
14. JD
15. Alex_MS6
16. Richard
17. Pballer225
18. Leokul
19. Chris1600
20. Josh (Rx8)
21. Chris (Speed6)
22. Tim (Mazda3)
23. Phil M.
24. Hunter (Speed P.)
25. Manny
26. Mike L.
27. Golfcart34 (Mazda3)
28. Mike G. (Rx8)
29. Distein1629
30. Aaron (Mazda3)
31. Jackob (Speed6)
32. Marek (Mazda2)
33. Charles (Speed6)
34. Tyler (Miata)
35. Chris L. (Speed3)
36. Brandon (Miata)
37. Luis M (Rx7)
38. Chris Z. (Speed3)
39. Voodoo8 (Rx8)
40. Wim
41. BrassClef (Mazda2)
42. Doug (Speed3)
43. Kaarmaa
44. Kurt (Rx8)
45. Scott
46. Semra (Rx8)
47. Tyler
48. Matty
49. Johnathan (Speed3)
50. Dave (Miata)
51. Davis
52. Dan (Mazda3)
53. Josh (Speed3)
54. Brenden (Speed3)

+ 47 Facebook guests and counting!

Event Parking will be (somewhat) like this:

This year's Climb passes will be the following:
(click to enlarge)

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a really nice logo. You guys should make t shirts with that logo on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you.

We have made things with it :) - Last year we used the same one and made a TON of decals of that logo. We're thinking of modifying it or making a new one for this event since it is benefitting Wounded Warrior Project, but we haven't got there yet lol; still planning the event itself.

This was the "VIP" pass each person got at last year's event - Laminated and on a NexMod lanyard: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ri8p9zJbceQ/UYQbskte0CI/AAAAAAAAC2M/c8f3vj6fl1o/w367-h612-no/Climb+Pass.png

NEM6 has also "adopted" the old 1960's logo and I modified it into something unique for us, but it still holds that Mazda tradition. We're thinking of using it somewhere as well: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b_o_bGHJ8ns/UfqXxQaK2QI/AAAAAAAADbk/MdHqCW1FT-E/s612-no/Logo+Ideas.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
It being Mass, I'll have to make sure I save up enough to cover my insurance deductible first. :)

Count me in, schedule permitting.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I'm in! Though... last time I was in North Adams it involved a high speed pursuit and getting pulled out of the car at gun point by the police. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am so in for this. Any idea if this is going to be restricted to 6's only? If not, I can probably convince the fiance to bring her 3 as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so in for this. Any idea if this is going to be restricted to 6's only? If not, I can probably convince the fiance to bring her 3 as well.
Being the Annual NEM6 large event, all Mazdas are welcome :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
we have trickled some small notes on a ton of facebook groups and mazda communities. My only concern is that we get MORE people than we expect.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we have trickled some small notes on a ton of facebook groups and mazda communities. My only concern is that we get MORE people than we expect.
More than we expect is fine, more than the base of the mountain can handle is another story :)

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated: We've set a date for Saturday August 16th!

Will keep you posted as more details are available.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want to register for the event ahead of time, here's the link:

Register Now!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Registered! As long as the date stays the 16th, as long as nothing urgent comes up, i'm in.

Looking forward to this!

1 - 20 of 621 Posts