Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm not really a newbie since I've lurked for quite a while I'm not sure if I should post here. :D Picked this up yesterday and I think I got an awesome deal and am extremely satisfied. We started looking at a left over white '05 6s with the sport grill being the only option. It seemed like a good deal at the time but I'm glad I kept looking. Hated the 'tard sales guy too. Found this one at the other Mazda dealer in town. I almost went to Chicago for the same Steel Gray car accept it was a 5 door and the leather was black. Too HOT in the summer. This one has the grey leather. Picked this left over '05 for 21,773 out the door! The sticker alone was over 27k. I got a $250 gas card and also talked them into putting a lip spoiler on at no charge! It's been on back order supposedly and will be installed next week most likely. The lip spoiler retails about another $60 more than the wing spoiler! The additional options on this 6s are heated leather, Bose 6 disc/moonroof pkg, cargo net, body colored door edge gaurds, auto dimming mirror with compass, and the 6 speed ATX with manual mode. Thanks to a buddy for the S-plan and thanks to Mazda for the $5500 in rebates! :D It was a pleasure dealing with East Imports. Was personally introduced to the service advisor and our sales woman said even if I'm close to the dealer she'll have my car washed for free anytime I wanted. :cool:

Already got a plate frame for her and removed the dealer badging when she was busy turning in her leased Escape. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job. Now, with all the money you saved.........mod-city here you come :)
[/b]

haha I wish. Still trying to talk her into just a nice light tint. Will just have aesthetic mods if any. If anyone wants to swap the 06 style for these let me know. I'm not dropping 2 bills on taillights. :) I also want to thanks everyone that helped me on this purchase! Really helped out big time.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
suggest clearguard overlays for the smoked out look...i highly doubt anyone is going to trade in their tails for the 05.....

http://clear-guard.com/productsearch.asp?p...4&submodel=2104

i'll through some pictures in the garage later...

shoulda gotten the MTX man...so you could put some good quality REDLINE MTL in that shyt :blink:... just kidding... :slap:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
haha I wish. Still trying to talk her into just a nice light tint. Will just have aesthetic mods if any. If anyone wants to swap the 06 style for these let me know. I'm not dropping 2 bills on taillights. :) I also want to thanks everyone that helped me on this purchase! Really helped out big time.
[/b]
I just had 50% tint installed and I'm very impressed with how clean and crisp it looks. Excellent UV protection with a nice shade to cut glare and no hassles from PD, yet. I went with LLUMAR brand.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Stubby - to get rid of the fishing pole they attached to the roof.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NICE job. $5500 in rebates? What was the breakdown of that?
Good choice! 05 > 06! :p

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
nice, even though you didn't get the 5-door :) ( i have a soft spot for them)

yeah, we had to add the lip spoiler to our 06 sedan. it makes a world of difference. you'll be happy with it. i do remember it being a lot more expensive than the wing spoiler, but with s-plan pricing, it wasn't all that bad. install was quick and looks perfect.

iirc, couldn't you have taken that $250 as a gas card or as money off the price? maybe that is a dealer specific thing, but i know for sure that we were offered that option.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NICE job. $5500 in rebates? What was the breakdown of that?
Good choice! 05 > 06! :p
[/b]
$1000 for MAC
$4000 standard rebate
$500 for s-plan I think. Not sure how since s-plan is a set price. No, we weren't asked if we would rather have the cash than the card. I didn't even know to ask if we had a choice. The lip is about $60 more than the wing. Not sure why. Doesn't matter to me since I talked them into putting it on for free. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow you sound like my twin. I too just bought a new 6 mostly for my girlfriend. I do get to drive once or twice a week to work, but she does more driving than me so it's her car. I'm also not making a single change to the car aside from aestetics. I can't understand why people want more power or better handling. The thing is plenty fast enough, and when I'm cruising at about 80 on the freeway, I can take any turn without feeling the slightest bit of roll. It even takes bumps pretty damn well considering the handling. That's probably a testament to the tires Mazda chose. Not to get off on a rant here, but what's with everyone putting on these tacky, low-profile rims and tires these days? They don't go with the car at all in my opinion. Anyway, sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll stop. Nice looking car though. Mine's black too, inside and out though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Crash11
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing