Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah the funniest thing happened to me the other day. I come back from a friends place at 2am in the morning and at this point I've got a rental so I don't give on tires and etc. So anyways, I drive to my street and yank a sharp turn like I usually do and drive up to the house, park the car in the garage, shut it before I even get out and walk in the house. A minute or two later, I get "bang bang" on my door. It's a flipping cop. I'm like yes officer, he's like did u just pull in? I'm like Yeah a lil while ago (being smart) ..and he's like A lil while ago or a minute ago? I'm like samething, I just got in, why officer?

Officer: How much have you had to drink tonight?
Me: None!?!?
Officer: Are you sure? You pulled into the street pretty quickly. Can you get me your licence? Are you the owner of this house?
Me: Sure I can, and yes I am.
blah blah blah (get licence, checks it.. in my house)
Officer: So are you sure you had nothing to drink? If I was to breathalize you right now what would it come up as?
Me: ZERO! Nothing at all sir!

Officer: Okie have a good night and watch your turns then. (Probably ---> :swearin: on his way out)
Me: :nana:

HAHAHA...I could not flipp'n stop laughing once the freak was gone...Like what are the chances of being accused drunk when you've not even drank at all?!? I mean ppl think I'm one of the best drivers they've seen (with a bit of reckless mixture of course) but geez I didn't think I was that bad!

Anyways I hope someone else gets a good laugh out of this one as I did.

All I can say is...Keep Driving Like a Mofo but neva get caught! :drive: :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
LOL....at least he took your word for it...and he was being nice....can you imagine getting written up in front of your house for careless?!?!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL....at least he took your word for it...and he was being nice....can you imagine getting written up in front of your house for careless?!?!
[/b]
But I wasn't speeding!!! ...it was just a sharp turn! He must've been bored.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I have gotton that from cops all the time. I say I wasn't speeding, it's a 50km/h road to another, so why slow down to waste gas accelerating. I ask if I had done anything illegal. I signalled it was clear so what's the problem. He just told me to take it easy. If I had gotten a ticket for careless driving I would have taking it to court for sure. There is no law that says you have to turn slowly, I made sure everything was safe, I signalled so I don't see a problem. Now if I had hit someone then sure that would be careless because you should have seen the person.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have gotton that from cops all the time. I say I wasn't speeding, it's a 50km/h road to another, so why slow down to waste gas accelerating. I ask if I had done anything illegal. I signalled it was clear so what's the problem. He just told me to take it easy. If I had gotten a ticket for careless driving I would have taking it to court for sure. There is no law that says you have to turn slowly, I made sure everything was safe, I signalled so I don't see a problem. Now if I had hit someone then sure that would be careless because you should have seen the person.
[/b]
hehe yeah, taking a sharp turn at 60kmph and tires squealing

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
[/b]
Maybe just you? :sarc:

But that's really funny. I think I'd got a bigger chance to get pulled over for that. And yes I agree, there's nothing wrong to turn sharp, I'd even rev match before a 90 degrees right turn cuz I don't wanna lose torque. But again, I always check the blindspot as well as the pedestrians' moves before doing that, just to make sure everyone is save.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's a good thing you didn't have time to take a drink before he knocked. That would be a good speech you would have to make to make him believe that you just had a drink once in the house.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe just you? :sarc:

But that's really funny. I think I'd got a bigger chance to get pulled over for that. And yes I agree, there's nothing wrong to turn sharp, I'd even rev match before a 90 degrees right turn cuz I don't wanna lose torque. But again, I always check the blindspot as well as the pedestrians' moves before doing that, just to make sure everyone is save.
[/b]
ofcourse do it only when its safe to ..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But, how funny would it be if you got a moving violation in your living room? :laugh:
[/b]
Funny and sad at the same time to think about :(

·
Registered
797 Posts
[/b]

your tires squeal at that speed on a turn? do you just have stock all seasons? my winters squeal like crazy but with my low pros its mint on the turns

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
well that was wreckless driving... and when you take quick turns like that, that does demonstrate a possible intoxication because alot of times, drunks will turn at the last possible second and make a sharp to for fear they are going to miss their turn. Don't be an asshole about cops buddy, imagine if you were drunk, or if someone else was... would you really want them on the road and possibly get into a wreck and kill someone? exactly my point! :yesnod: better to be safe than sorry... the officer was just doing his job!

·
Registered
635 Posts
your tires squeal at that speed on a turn? do you just have stock all seasons? my winters squeal like crazy but with my low pros its mint on the turns
[/b]
I have the stock Michelins and there's not much tread left, I am getting new ones next year ...

·
Registered
384 Posts
you do realize that if your car is in the garage, n u are already in your hosue...the cop has no right whatsoever to ask u anytihng...he can leave his badge n uniform in the car, n coem up as a suvillian....but he has no right, to coem to your door n ask u for drivers license...cuz u are on your own private property...once u are on yoru driveway...the cop has no legal right, to ticket you...i dotn care if he saw u speeding or anything...once u are on private property...a cop has no legal ground to ticket u...he must stop u n catch u while u are on public property...private property is not his juristiction...

just my $.02

·
Registered
436 Posts
you do realize that if your car is in the garage, n u are already in your hosue...the cop has no right whatsoever to ask u anytihng...he can leave his badge n uniform in the car, n coem up as a suvillian....but he has no right, to coem to your door n ask u for drivers license...cuz u are on your own private property...once u are on yoru driveway...the cop has no legal right, to ticket you...i dotn care if he saw u speeding or anything...once u are on private property...a cop has no legal ground to ticket u...he must stop u n catch u while u are on public property...private property is not his juristiction...
[/b]
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. So when cops arrest someone while they're at home, they actually don't have any right to do so, eh? You might want to double check that one.

And what the hell is a suvillian?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah I think you'd better check those facts again, regardless of warrants, etc.

And what the hell is a suvillian?
[/b]
Looks like a SUV-driving civilian.

·
Registered
384 Posts
a suvillian is u n i...peopel that are not licensed to do whatever the heck we think we want to...like cops are...

and jsut cuz a cop bursts into someone's home, and arrests them...does not mean that they had a right to...yes...if someoen called n complained...n they have investigated...they have an arrest warrrant...dont forget that in canada its not the same as in states...so what u seee on "cops" is not the same way it works here...the info i provided is accurate..cuz i have people in the business that are close to me...and cops often abuse their privilage, cuz people lack the knowledge...a cop doe snot have a right to show up n ask u for id...period...if he wants to do that...he must go to a judge...n prove that he has reasonable grounds for askin u for id...n must then show up with that warrant...and this must happen within 24hrs...otherwise the warrant is not valid...b4 u guys start flaming...u check your canadian law facts...i have been doin research on police officers n their abuse of power for yrs..and have talked to many lawyers..and have had many confrontations with cops...and what i say, is proven fact...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
True said. Private property is off limits without a warrant. in fact sppeding tickets can be thrown out if the officer was parked on private proerty radaring and didn't have written permission from the home owner's to be there.

An arrest is generally made with a warrant. no warrant, no arrest. On private proerty that is.

·
Registered
436 Posts
a suvillian is u n i...peopel that are not licensed to do whatever the heck we think we want to...like cops are...
[/b]
It's hard to take you seriously when you can't spell basic words. It's spelled "civilian".

1 - 20 of 54 Posts