Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

The latest Motoring 2003 has voted Best 2003/2004 Family Sedan to be (...drum roll please...) MAZDA 6!!

Yeeee Hawww.

It is funny because it kicks those hardcore Honda in the nuts a bit since the majority of viewers voted the Honda Accord to win. :)

They don't have the result on the web yet since it just ran the show on Saturday 28th. But when the link arrives. I or I am sure someone else from Canada will post it.

Again, lets three cheers. Hiep Hiep Hooray. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Replying to Topic 'The first NA Car of the Year award.'

See, you Canucks really are smarter after all. :D

*(Note: inside joke USA vs. Canada... good humour, nothing personal!)*

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i wanna test drive this car before i start putting down payment

all the waiting :( patience running out but just one morrree month

·
Registered
240 Posts

That is pretty good for a car that it did not even reach the canadian streets yet!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by halfadozen

*(Note: inside joke USA vs. Canada... good humour, nothing personal!)*[/b]
Eh??:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by halfadozen

*(Note: inside joke USA vs. Canada... good humour, nothing personal!)*[/b]
Eh??:D [/b][/quote]

Let it go, Steve. Let it go.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Greater Los Angeles Auto Show Makes MAZDA6 Official Car

- New Sports Sedan is Prized Showpiece for Aftermarket Industry

and Enthusiasts -

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- It didn't take long for the newly
launched 2003 MAZDA6 sports sedan to garner praise and become one of the most superb cars on the road today. Now, after only a few weeks in dealerships, the vehicle's hot streak continues as the official car of the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show (GLAAS). Dubbed "PROJECT6," the car is a custom version of Mazda's new flagship sedan.

Each year, the GLAAS works with its aftermarket exhibitors to give attendees a sample of what can be done to a vehicle to make passersby take a second look. For 2003, the GLAAS and Mazda have teamed to add even more zoom to the MAZDA6, debuting it in the car enthusiast capitol of the world -- Southern California.

Aftermarket companies tackled the MAZDA6 from the inside out, starting with a cutting-edge mobile entertainment system designed by Automotive
Entertainment. The unit features a custom-molded in-dash monitor, DVD/CD player with a six-disc CD changer, additional amplification, a navigation system and flip-down overhead monitors for rear-seat passengers all by Alpine. Connecting the system together are Scosche cables and distribution blocks, along with a Farad cap. To give the interior an added touch of flair, the door panels are refinished in a color-coordinated suede.

On the outside, the MAZDA6's styling is enhanced with aerodynamic components imported from Europe by Shark Racing. Paint and headlight protection kits from Star Shield Armor protect the vehicle's forward-facing surfaces from the ravages of stones and other road debris while its aggressive stance is accomplished through the installation of a set of performance lowering springs by Eibach. The MAZDA6's Yokohama ultra-low-profile tires and Volk Racing wheels are courtesy of Wheel Warehouse and the familiar GLAAS graphics package is from Modern Image. All exterior and interior surfaces are kept
clean with Meguiar's line of car-care products.

Sylvania lighting upgrades, in the form of Silverstar high performance
halogen lamps for low and high beams, in addition to their Xenarc true high intensity discharge (HID) driving lamps, turn night into day.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Well, this is the Audionutz/Steve Head Alpine 6, so I'm guessing they'd charge upwards of $30,000 just for the stereo and install, then add on for the rest of the parts, and the $25,000 for the actual car. Just a guesstimate. If you want, I'll ask Steve himself when I see him in March at Spring Break Nationals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts