Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Turtle's Black Box Wax? It's a special wax kit specifically for black cars and i was wondering if anyone's used it or knows if it works well.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i think i'm gonna give it try when i have time soon hopefully. I got spring break next week so going by those reviews i might as well give it a try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used it on saturday it came out pretty nice for 20 bucks. Alot of work though. Filled in scratches with black so they're not as noticeable but didnt remove swirl marks like i thought. Definitly gave it a shine that's lasted so far though

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
whats the process?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Colored waxes were all the rage back in the early 90's. I guess all that is old is new again. I do not see the point of using a colored wax on a clear coat finish.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
No turtle wax, its not good enough to merit using something besides your regular meguiars or other specialized products like Griots Garage etc...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just used it on my friends black prelude, it worked awesome. I have some after pics if you want to see them, the car looked brand new. it does take awhile though, we spent 4 hours on it. Also took out almost all of the swirl marks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
dont forget that some older vehicles didnt come with a clear coat (like my 93 f150 before the repaint), those type vehicles is really what that type of colored wax really excells at.

personally if i were you id try meguires scratch x for swirl marks and light scratches.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Colored waxes are a lazy man's solution. If you take the time to do the polishing correctly to remove defects, then you don't have to hide them with shoe polish for cars.

Reactions: triplejumper18
1 - 13 of 13 Posts